Author Topic: “it’s all about us and our pinball machines....but what about the kids?..."  (Read 429 times)

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Has anyone had much though on what to buy the kids for Christmas? !@#

The wife & I have spent the whole year doing renovations on the weekends and the poor kids were left in the care of Grandpa & Grandma most of this time.
So for their reward, I’m contemplating on buying one of those “Springfree Trampolines” for the backyard – has anyone brought one of these before and what’s your opinion on them.

Kids are aged 4 (boy) & 21months (girl).

Stephen.

SC.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Great fun for the kids nightmare for whoever mows your lawns  %.%

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
The kids are getting a pinball machine each for xmas ( no, only joking)  @.@

Those trampolines are very good, but a bit expensive at BiG W or K Mart. Cheaper on Ebay by far, but just choose a good seller with a high feedback score with good postage etc. Pretty easy to drag accross the grass. Make sure you get a good enclosed one with a good zipper system.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
My 2 boys are easy to buy for.

My 7 year old is footy mad and wants training gear believe it or not( tackling bag and hit shield) and a maroons jersey, I am going to get season passes for next years broncos season as well...he will be stoked with that!

My 4 year old loves transformers toys and leggo.

They both love the pins too.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
nightmare for whoever mows your lawns  %.%

Yep, needing to buy my very first lawn mower as well, once the new lawn has been layed.Lol.
SC.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
Those trampolines are very good, but a bit expensive at BiG W or K Mart.

You're not wrong there Brett. The company has a special offer at the moment offering free delivery.
Though when you compare it to say the price of a dmd pinnie, it ain't much.
Another year has gone by and the Prince has sacrificed not buying a pinnie.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:34:04 PM by Prince »
SC.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

We had one. It was only a small variation. Kids loved it. I was not one of the top quality trampolines, and when it started to fade and break we got rid of it. Kids loved it when we bought it.

I bought my son a membership and an AFL Richmond jumper for his 7th birthday in May. He wore that jumper every day until the week after the AFL Grand final (only took it off to wash it). We go to the footy together, and it is the best $300 I've ever spent as we have something to do together every weekend. I think if you are going to reward the kids, make it something you can do together. Nothing can replace the family time.

you might have to get one of those VERY big trampolines  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane

I bought my son a membership and an AFL Richmond jumper for his 7th birthday in May. He wore that jumper every day until the week after the AFL Grand final (only took it off to wash it). We go to the footy together, and it is the best $300 I've ever spent as we have something to do together every weekend. I think if you are going to reward the kids, make it something you can do together. Nothing can replace the family time.

So true mate, we love going to the footy as a family. It doesn't matter what team or code you support it has to be one of the best days out for family fun, even the missus enjoys it.
Can't wait til next season....cricket is good but it just isn't the same as footy.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Good question now I have a 14 year old boy and twin 12 year old girls shit its gunna be an expensive Xmas probally ipods? TV? PS3 games? stereo? St kilda membership? Clothes? geez I dont know Credit card will get a work out for sure.

Peter
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:10:48 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
My wife starts collecting/buying/laby'ing xmas presents for the 11 yr old girl n 2 yr old boy from January all the way thru to bloody December.

She has the attitude that a quik fifty here, a quick hundred there, will fly under the "stop wasting money at shopping" radar. Come Xmas, its all paid for and ready to spoil the kids rotten.

When I was a kid, u got ONE decent present, and u loved it, and cherrished it, and really enjoyed it. Nowdays, they open each present in 2 seconds, throw it on the floor, and then open the next 20 with the same careless approach. Left is a mess of paper, a grands $ worth of crap, and the kids come back ten minutes later and say " I'm bored".

Anyone else out there got kids like mine.  @.@ Merry Xmas. !  %.% %.%
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
My wife starts collecting/buying/laby'ing xmas presents for the 11 yr old girl n 2 yr old boy from January all the way thru to bloody December.

She has the attitude that a quik fifty here, a quick hundred there, will fly under the "stop wasting money at shopping" radar. Come Xmas, its all paid for and ready to spoil the kids rotten.

When I was a kid, u got ONE decent present, and u loved it, and cherrished it, and really enjoyed it. Nowdays, they open each present in 2 seconds, throw it on the floor, and then open the next 20 with the same careless approach. Left is a mess of paper, a grands $ worth of crap, and the kids come back ten minutes later and say " I'm bored".

Anyone else out there got kids like mine.  @.@ Merry Xmas. !  %.% %.%

Spot on with the kid thing Brett but the wife and I leave everything to the last minute and will start buying in December not to get a bargain just cause we are slack #@# . I just asked the girls what they wanted and they said "don't know" but boy wants weights and gym stuff to bulk up  *%* . I was wrapped to get a Gray nicholls cricket bat when I was a kid #*#

Peter