Author Topic: Machines With Leds ! Excellent Results. What A Difference. Photos.  (Read 22419 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I am 99 percent finished doing all the Led's on INDEPENDENCE DAY. Bit of a journey this one. It threw some challenges up at me. But it looks friggin good.  ^^^

YES, some machines are a real PAIN IN THE ASS to do underplayfield LEDS on. This is one of them.  ^.^  After a few hours of constantly doing LED's, I feel stuffed. It takes its toll on you. Fidly bastard of a job. I broke a 555 holder poorly soldered onto a small light board. i will fix it tomorrow, then I am done.

I bought a whack of LEDs thinking it would be something relaxing to do when I take some time off over Xmas, after tonight, I feel like Valium. It just goes to show, some designers put some things in really really stupid positions, making the simplest of tasks, like changing out a few lousy bulbs almost impossible. I have got to take a friggin under playfield ramp off  just to get to the last 3 or 4 bulbs.  ^.^

In my sleep tonight, I will curse the designer of this game. Should be able to take a video this next few days of the finished machine. It does look great, but it is age-ing me these bloody LEDs. I wont give up til i conquer the fleet. (got to test some snazzy colour changing ones I just got, Whooo Hooo).  :D

My next decision, which machine next. Maybe Godzilla. A very cool game. The green ramps on this machine already look sick. LEDs shld make this baby look amazing. OR shld i just bite the bullet and do POPEYE which I promised the kids I would do next. and YES, POPEYE is a friggin great game contrary to most people NOT having a clue and realising this is a WILLIAMS widebody that is brilliant.  *%* *%*  Time for bed.  @.@ <..>
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:16:54 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !