Author Topic: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015  (Read 28536 times)

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 07:23:27 PM »
Borg is my favourite designer and I feel he is underrated.  If the artwork is comic book based, it will sell well.  Its easier for a game to sell well when following a game that didn't sell well, in this case Walking dead is following Mustang.

I loved X-men, and felt that its sales weren't great as it followed the high selling ACDC, so unnecessarily judged harshly.

There should be so much that can be done with this theme, that I'd say it will be an excellent game.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 07:14:40 PM »
Could be interesting ,pretty keen to see the Playfield and artwork .
Graphics on DMD should good ,so much material there .

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re:
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 08:19:24 PM »
I hope they go with hand drawn art.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 08:21:25 PM »
I hope they go with hand drawn art.

Doubt it very much... Metallica was hand drawn because the band insisted that DD did the artwork... id be willing to place money on cut and paste graphics with heads of the TV characters centre stage between the flippers

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 09:29:42 PM »
Yep this is the candidate for photoshop galore. Too much time and money getting likeness agreements from actors and the studio. Not impossible, but not in Stern's style.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 10:05:02 PM »
Yep this is the candidate for photoshop galore. Too much time and money getting likeness agreements from actors and the studio. Not impossible, but not in Stern's style.

I love the TV series. But I can't stand looking at photoshop actors on games. Maybe we'll see something creative this time, would be nice if a TV theme was coupled with decent artwork.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 10:15:44 PM »

I love the TV series. But I can't stand looking at photoshop actors on games. Maybe we'll see something creative this time, would be nice if a TV theme was coupled with decent artwork.
Agreed.. the actors faces always look really lame. Not sure how anyone could live with a CSI in their line up...LOl- my worst pin would have Nicholas Cage on the BG, what a nightmare that would be!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 11:18:35 PM »
This will be a home run. Stern keeps picking winners. Star Trek was excellent, mustang is way cool and now the walking dead. Can it get any better. Go stern. Hope to have all three titles just mentioned added to the collection once family law court is over. Yipee. Who thinks walking dead will be a big seller? Anyone wanting it already if its a good package based on theme alone. I want one. Feed the addiction.....feed the addiction...does collecting pinnys ever get boring....NOPE. Lol
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 11:19:16 PM »
For those who are not aware, The Walking Dead is an Image Comics comic book series as well as an AMC TV series.  Looking at the first photo posted in this thread, the pin is almost certainly based on the TV series (note "AMC" on the top left hand corner).

Here is an indication of how good the pin could look if it was based on the comic book series.

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/walking-dead-comic.jpg
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:21:14 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 11:30:01 PM »

Yeah I agree "pinnies4me" actors on pinball is shit man lol

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2014, 10:34:07 AM »
I think this will get added to the line up our whole family love the walking dead. I won't go an LE this time ill wait and see it first.  And I hope it's comic style photoshop sucks

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
I hate photoshop graphics and some actor depictions but T2 translite was ok. Demo man and shadow were tragic.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 07:47:44 AM »
well photos are out and some cool features and I think they might have stepped up this time.

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015 photos
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 07:48:40 AM »
couple more
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 08:07:44 AM »
Looks good to me and a possible breakaway from the usual Stern recipe./.... nice open pops with free release.. not too cluttered and no Photoshopped actors faces between the flippers!

Title will do well I reckon