Author Topic: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania  (Read 11124 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern 2015 - Wrestlemania
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »
Stern will be saving their trump card title for the second half of the year for when JJP gets production of TH underway and some of these boutiques might actually start moving finished product out the door (cough cough Predator). They did the same strategy with ACDC/WOZ.

WWE is 2014's Mustang. Ignoring the theme, the playfield design itself looks interesting. Hopefully the ring upper level playfield has some decent ball interaction.

Seemingly no oversized bash toys.  !@#

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 07:48:21 PM »
My guess is that Stern have a commitment to producing say 4 titles a year.. some will be major and high sellers, others will be expected to reach lesser sales.
Agreed that this is a lesser and there will be a major title released later in the year.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 08:23:35 PM »
Theme? Um well I loved wrestling years ago and if it's on foxtel now I'll watch but maybe for the reason Nino detailed  && I'm looking forward to the PF layout especially the wrestling ring at the top of the PF. Looking forward to the KISS announcement Middle of the year  ()

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 09:47:05 PM »
Do these companies approach Stern or does stern Approach these companies to build these licensed themes?
I can understand this theme if WWE approached Stern to make a pinball.

Is that what is going on here and Stern isnt actually coming up with the titles at all?

Regards Rich

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 09:50:12 PM »
Does anyone know where those photos were taken ?
It's very unusual for Stern to release photos of a title before they do a proper press release ?

I actually love the look of this machine.
It would sit perfectly next to my mint Data East Widebody Royal Rumble.
It will sell well in the USA and is a breath of fresh air when it comes to title ideas.
Uniqueness is what attracts people to play pinball machines.
Looking forward to playing this one.

Why hasn't Stern done a Military based pinball. It would sell well in the USA and military styled pinnies are few n far between.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
Does anyone know where those photos were taken ?
It's very unusual for Stern to release photos of a title before they do a proper press release ?

I actually love the look of this machine.
It would sit perfectly next to my mint Data East Widebody Royal Rumble.
It will sell well in the USA and is a breath of fresh air when it comes to title ideas.
Uniqueness is what attracts people to play pinball machines.
Looking forward to playing this one.

Why hasn't Stern done a Military based pinball. It would sell well in the USA and military styled pinnies are few n far between.

photos came from Stern's facebook, were up and then gone, but it was from the CES tradeshow event that just started.

http://cesweb.org/Events-Programs/CES-Unveiled/CES-Unveiled-Las-Vegas

I am hoping for a Fast and Furious as the movie is due out in April could time nicely and have been some rumours about it being done by Stern.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:32:38 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 10:32:01 PM »
The photos are still up.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball

Whoops, no they're not.
You can see they were taken at CES 2015 though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:34:13 PM by elkor-alish »
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 10:44:37 PM »
The photos are still up.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball

Whoops, no they're not.
You can see they were taken at CES 2015 though.
nup, picture or it didn't happen Dude  %.%
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 11:14:05 PM »
Fast n Furious movies are all the same to me and since I am a car guy, I lost interest when they were doing stuff in cars repeatedly that was just unrealistic and impossible. Short of having a Delorian which could fly, the movies just got unbelievable.
The only realistic thing about that franchise was the star Paul Walker getting barbecued when offset his mates Porsche hit a real life telegraph pole and they both died.
Ironic that all the accidents in the six or seven movies couldn't scratch him but his first real accident did.
Sad but we all know you don't get many chances in real life crashes. I can't see them doing another car pinny after Mustang being only just done.?

Maybe Stern will do the press release very soon for WWE Pinny ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
Fast n Furious movies are all the same to me and since I am a car guy, I lost interest when they were doing stuff in cars repeatedly that was just unrealistic and impossible. Short of having a Delorian which could fly, the movies just got unbelievable.
The only realistic thing about that franchise was the star Paul Walker getting barbecued when offset his mates Porsche hit a real life telegraph pole and they both died.
Ironic that all the accidents in the six or seven movies couldn't scratch him but his first real accident did.
Sad but we all know you don't get many chances in real life crashes. I can't see them doing another car pinny after Mustang being only just done.?

Maybe Stern will do the press release very soon for WWE Pinny ?

Your justification just doesn't make sense, so X-men and Avengers that you highly talk about is believable? Yes guys jumping off a car over a bridge gap is far fetched but it's the movies just enjoy. Even the Wrestlemania pin is all actors and scrippted (yes added a p so it wouldn't hash out), thats the fun part of pinball you can leave your world you live and just enjoy the game for what it is.

Stern did AC/DC and Metallica fairly close together as well as X-Men and Avengers so no reason not F & F as Mustang isn't a raging success but picking up a little momentum. I agree though that Stern pumps out variety and allows most people to at least like a one or a few each year.

Most of the F & F movies grossed really well and reckon if you had a game that combined all 7 movies with a drift comp, street race, car heist, fuel heist etc, money grab & escape - basically a mission from each movie within the one pin it could be fun. The fact that Paul Walker died is irrelevant to the movie or a possible pin and probably a little distasteful with the way you stated it as unfortunately he was the passenger and died due to the other guy driving.

But I am sure if Stern does make it and in 4-6 months you will turn and love what Stern are doing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:41:21 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 11:56:08 PM »
No, if Stern do a Fast n Furious I will never buy it cause it doesn't appeal to me. Others are welcome to enjoy it but I can't see it getting done. I am not canning your personal idea, just didn't think that pin would get made.
Yes Paul Walker did die in a car crash as a passenger. Terribly sad. He got in the car to go for a test run. That has been well documented. He knew the risks surely. The only thing distasteful is that two people died. Wasn't happy the man died at all !   ! Far from it.

As for X Men And Avengers, they are pure make believe so anything goes in anything sci fi etc but if u do a earth based movie based on modern day technology, my brain can't enjoy a real car flying thru the air 500 metres and landing without any damage. It's not believable to me at all and I don't enjoy make believe unless it is sci fi. Each to their own.

I am a fan of Stern so I am behind anything they bring to market, but it doesn't mean I like or buy every single title.
I loved ACDC but not Metallica cause I don't like their music. But am glad various friends bought that title. Etc etc.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:07:01 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 12:15:35 AM »
Do these companies approach Stern or does stern Approach these companies to build these licensed themes?
I can understand this theme if WWE approached Stern to make a pinball.

Is that what is going on here and Stern isnt actually coming up with the titles at all?

Regards Rich

In my opinion - Market research - then Stern go after the license.

WOZ is a classic example. Here in Oz, we laugh at the theme - but in the USA, certain brands mean big $. Stern would be listening to pinball fans at shows and social media. They would have an idea of what is "hot" and what licenses can be utilized to make the profits roll in. Stern have acquired licenses that they might not use now. KISS is the example - they have the license, but what do they do with it ? how do they PRESENT the game - marketing is not an issue. Same as AC/DC and Metallica - fans are nuts and will buy expensive toys. WWE is a good them for the USA market, but I'm hearing it has the crappy photoshopped art. cutting corners already ? I know Stern has been asking for the KISS license since 2008-2009. They would be locking in other licenses and they would have planned at least the next 2-3 titles.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 12:45:16 AM »
There is one thing to consider about photoshopped art on modern pinball playfields.
When the average person walks up to a brand new pinball machine who hasnt been a pinball enthusiast for years or decades, it would probably look modern and well designed.
Short of cartoon art or Dirty Donny styled art, what else can be done on a modern Playfield for a modern age.
Photoshopped art is merely a collage of pictures within a movie or current theme.

What else can they do if they don't do cartoon or hand drawn pictures.
Licensing would want art to be identical to the real images so hand drawn art may not be close enough ?

I think photoshopped playfields get a hard time where it may not be necessary. Only my opinion.
Would be good to hear what others think the Wrestling pin could have which would be better than the modern style photo art they are using. ! ? !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 04:40:46 AM »
More interesting is the hardware running it
SAM is gone, replaced with SPIKETM

Looks like a PC based systen
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:02:43 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 04:55:05 AM »
All the photos of the entire WrestleMania pinball are up on Sterns Facebook and normal home website.
I would download all the photos but am on the road and am in bad coverage.

The new Pinny looks great with metal ramps. Stayed true to the original Data East version a bit for sure. Looks like fun.
The new board set is up on their announcements as well like Pete said . Very interesting times ahead.

Wi Fi now included for code updates I think if I am reading it right with newer USB port for a cable download as well. Very cool.
Well done Gary.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:30:16 AM by Caveoftreasures »