Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57002 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 01:59:08 AM »
Is it me only, am I getting less trusting as I get older ?
Do the words Medievil Madness and Crocodile Dundee Pinball mean anything to anyone out there ! Same sort of promises.Perhaps its much safer to pay in full for a item when u see the item standing in front of you. Why risk sending money to a brand new seller who hasnt earnt their credibility yet ?  I would be confident that if I sent Gary Stern money for a machine I would get something for example, but a new USA start up ?  

"quote"
I'm going to take their advice at this point...so it looks like payments would be:
3/15 - $1000 - Fully Refundable
6/15 - $1000 - Fully Refundable
9/15 - $1000 - Fully Refundable
10/31 - Time when the order is converted into a Special Order -
12/15 - Tentative Delivery - Balance $3250.00 + Freight

What would you do if it went bad, put on Dorothys red shoes and click ya feet together and hope for some Wizard of Oz magic. It might be the closest ya ever get.
p.s - did anyone on here recieve their Limited Edition Medi Evil Madness or Crocodile Dundee Pinball Machines yet  !@#, I hope the Wizard of Oz doesnt end up the same !
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:41:45 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 08:47:46 AM »
You're comparing apples with oranges...Jack has already produced a redemption machine so he has runs on the board. Just because 1 "manufacturer" was full of hot air doesn't mean they all are. IPB produced BBB from scratch. If you took the same attitude with them, BBB would never have been made.

By the way, it's Croc Hunter, not Croc Dundee.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 08:48:35 AM »
Do the words [EDIT] Crocodile Dundee Pinball mean anything to anyone out there !

No, not at all, do tell??  !@#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 10:48:29 PM »
correct !  CROC HUNTER lol.   I always think Crocodile Dundee.

Creech if u reckon this company is better than those before it,  I will go with your reccommendation.

I hope they do bring some good machines to the industry/hobby and give STERN bit of a wake up.

Did anyone ever get their deposits back for Croc Hunter or Medi-Evil LE etc  !@#  I wonder how many deposits were collected ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »
Did anyone ever get their deposits back for Croc Hunter or Medi-Evil LE etc  !@#  I wonder how many deposits were collected ?

Nobody paid deposits for Croc-O-Crap, never got further than a photoshop job.

Everyone seems to have got the MM deposit back after they asked. Perhaps took longer than they wanted in some cases, but never heard a word about anyone not getting it back when requested.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 11:18:40 PM »
Thanks Nick. Its good to hear that no one got srewed over $.  At least the photoshop of the Croc Hunter looked like a Pin2000 platform which i love. I wish it had of come to fruition !

I wish someone invented a pinball based on the Pin2000 platform. When does the Williams patents etc expire. I reckon to get more younger kids involved, the pin2000 style of pinball would be a great new release. Its a shame that hardly anyone has ever seen a Revenge from Mars or Star Wars Episode 1 onsite. I wonder if a whack were put onsite today, all in great condition, what would the feedback be !

I wish this new pinball company went that way !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 11:44:19 PM »
Thanks Nick. Its good to hear that no one got srewed over $.  At least the photoshop of the Croc Hunter looked like a Pin2000 platform which i love. I wish it had of come to fruition !

I wish someone invented a pinball based on the Pin2000 platform. When does the Williams patents etc expire. I reckon to get more younger kids involved, the pin2000 style of pinball would be a great new release. Its a shame that hardly anyone has ever seen a Revenge from Mars or Star Wars Episode 1 onsite. I wonder if a whack were put onsite today, all in great condition, what would the feedback be !

I wish this new pinball company went that way !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Patent still current
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect2=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&RefSrch=yes&Query=PN%2F6036188

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 12:38:03 AM »
Nick, does it ever run out ?

Can anyone else ever do a pin2000 style pinball or is it over forever ? Could someone argue that since Williams has gone bust, and no longer exists, they are not using the patent and therefore, the technology shld be available for others to use ?

U have the legal expertise so i wondered if we will ever see a pin2000 style pin ever again by someone other than a closed Williams ?  !@#

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 01:22:37 AM »

Can anyone else ever do a pin2000 style pinball or is it over forever ? Could someone argue that since Williams has gone bust, and no longer exists, they are not using the patent and therefore, the technology shld be available for others to use ?

U have the legal expertise so i wondered if we will ever see a pin2000 style pin ever again by someone other than a closed Williams ?  !@#
one thing that i think would be keeping this patent current is that WMS are still alive making poker machines. And I think some one still owns the rights to all the pinball stuff.
it would be great if some one was able to do a new pin2k game.

can't wait to see this new pin
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:46:18 AM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 08:14:12 AM »

U have the legal expertise so i wondered if we will ever see a pin2000 style pin ever again by someone other than a closed Williams ?  !@#
one thing that i think would be keeping this patent current is that WMS are still alive making poker machines. And I think some one still owns the rights to all the pinball stuff.
it would be great if some one was able to do a new pin2k game.

can't wait to see this new pin

Absolutely... Williams now far more succesful than they ever were making pinballs and if they ever launce any pinball format im quite sure that the sky would be full of flying bacon  %.%

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
Haven't bothered checking the US law, but generally patents are 20 years. I think this one was owned down here for a while, not sure then if it made it's way with the purchase of the WMS rights back to the US recently.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »

There is no comparison between the failed Croc Hunter / MM remake and Wizard of Oz.  The main difference is that Jack has a track record of production, he understands the industry and he has a positive attitude towards pinball.

We will see this game in production and I'm sure the level of communication and updates will be constant.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2011, 08:13:38 AM »
News to hand   ^^^
http://www.pinballnews.com/news/jerseyjack2.html

Jersey Jack Pinball today announced Keith Johnson will be the programmer.

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2011, 08:34:45 AM »
Looks like jersey jacks first game is going to have an EPIC Ruleset.might have to start saving the dollars towards one.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2011, 08:36:36 AM »
Now that is a sensational move - can't help but think the games will be great. The market will determine their success, but I think no start up has had so much going for it.