Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 26394 times)

Offline pinmadd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #1125 on: June 01, 2012, 08:42:26 PM »
Congrat's Leon   ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1126 on: June 01, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »

Awesome score I think the pro looks the better game love the angus face and from what i hear a lot of guys prefer it as a player to the LE as they dont have to avoid the bottom playfield when choosing songs.good buying for the price too.
[/quote]

+1, I have been playing a premium locally every weekend and avoid the hell songs.
[/quote]

Understand the game properly and you won't avoid the lower PF there's sum good points to rack up there

Peter

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #1127 on: June 01, 2012, 09:25:30 PM »

Awesome score I think the pro looks the better game love the angus face and from what i hear a lot of guys prefer it as a player to the LE as they dont have to avoid the bottom playfield when choosing songs.good buying for the price too.

+1, I have been playing a premium locally every weekend and avoid the hell songs.
[/quote]

Understand the game properly and you won't avoid the lower PF there's sum good points to rack up there

Peter
[/quote]

No disrespect to those that own a premium or le but I just don't enjoy the hell playfield and it doesn't help that I am crap at it as well. I am aware of the big points gained from going there but avoid the hell level for a more flowing game play as I don't mind the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:29:59 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #1128 on: June 01, 2012, 09:26:48 PM »
sorry hit quote instead of modify so duplicated last post &^&
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1129 on: June 01, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »
I avoid he'll as much as possible just don't have the reflexes lol

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #1130 on: June 03, 2012, 08:36:08 PM »
Thanks for the kind words

The Stern AC DC Pinball just rocks!!!!!!!!

I plan to do some minor mods to my AC DC pro, a first is to improve the speakers, this title really needs a decent sub,

hoping someone does a plastic Rock N Roll train mod like the LE's & preimum models, the train plastic looks very ordinary?

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1131 on: June 03, 2012, 09:02:08 PM »
Thanks for the kind words

The Stern AC DC Pinball just rocks!!!!!!!!

I plan to do some minor mods to my AC DC pro, a first is to improve the speakers, this title really needs a decent sub,

hoping someone does a plastic Rock N Roll train mod like the LE's & preimum models, the train plastic looks very ordinary?

Isn't AC/DC the best pinball I love it ! Mate add a shaker motor first it makes a ton of difference especially with the new code maybe then new sub   

Peter

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #1132 on: June 15, 2012, 08:08:24 PM »
Does anyone know of a list of differences between regular game mode & directors cut via the install menu?

Not sure if its on the pro, definitely on premium & LE's..

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #1133 on: June 18, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »
Well, as mentioned in the other thread I purchased an AC/DC Premium from Cashbox Amusements in Melbourne.  I was lucky as they had two left and didn't have the worry of transport.  I contacted Bruce from AMD as well and he was great to answer my questions and if there was no stock in Melbourne left I would have gone through Bruce or Joe.

So after much thought and reading the stories of members here and overseas and many youtube videos I decided to take the plunge on my first NIB.

I am not a huge ACDC fan, however enjoy their music.  I do like band related pinballs (ie TOMMY, Guns N Roses) and each are good but not quite a home run.

After playing the PRO, I was quite impressed at the speed and feel of the game.  It did not play like other newer Stern titles and just had something special.  I really considered the PRO, however I emailed Steve RITCHIE and he was very friendly and accommodating to my questions about the game.

I emailed a few other members on their thoughts (RichyRich, Mr Gorgar & Daniel) and then made the decision.

Since the game arrived, it has been played non stop (all new games get this), but its a tough game to master and has a lot going on.  The artwork, sound and light displays for me are a 10/10.  I truly believe Stern absolutely nailed this one and I think it will be a while until a new game comes out of the Stern factory line which tops this.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1134 on: June 18, 2012, 10:32:58 PM »
Congrats on the new purchase.
SC.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1135 on: June 18, 2012, 10:42:36 PM »
Glad you like it Marty it is a great game next time your playing it go to a game without LEDs they look like there not even turned on  %.%

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #1136 on: June 18, 2012, 10:52:33 PM »

Good stuff Marty. I look forward to having a few games  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1137 on: June 18, 2012, 10:54:13 PM »
Great to hear your comments Marty as Daniel said the LEDs make all my other games look so dull they really did get the LEDs right in this game it's so dam bright it's amazing really, I've probally played near 1000 games and I still enjoy playing it wish I could afford another NIB game maybe avengers if it comes out

Peter

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #1138 on: June 19, 2012, 11:24:37 AM »
Hey Marty,congrats

Great to hear

I know you will enjoy it #*#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1139 on: June 19, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »
This post is a UPDATE on my AC/DC PRO and my experiences since owning the game.

Well, the AC/DC Pro is still 100 percent fault free since having the game unboxed. Everything works perfectly and nothing in the slightest has happened at all.
I have updated gamecode everytime the code has been made available and the game is now FULL of EXTRAS, hundreds of extras since the code updates have been flowing in. From audio updates to dot matrix display updates to game rule changes to extra light shows to anything you can name, the gamecode has made a excellent fun game even more fun and even extra challenging.

The Pro is a excellent game and plays very fast, has excellent audio ofcourse, and everything on this game flows really fast and works really well.
One of the biggest positives of this playfield layouts, is the fact that u can see 100 percent of every inch of the playfield during gameplay. This is a excellent design. The game is challenging with lighning speed, and the shots are many, with my favourite shot being the left flipper to get up the left ramp 6 or 7 times in a row once you learn to master that shot to open multiball once you then hit the right ramp, which opens multiball and gives u a cannon shot. Lots of fun. Another hard shot is the far right lane from the left flipper which is not a easy shot at all.

To get the best out of the AC/DC Pro, u need to watch the 2 x Stern videos which give you the rules for what u must shoot for on each song.
I have made a shot map/card detailing what u need to hit on each song which I look at before I start a new song which helps you to master this excellent set of game rules. The machine doesnt get boring at all, and I doubt even the best of best players will ever be able to get thru every song on a 3 ball game which is what i have set my machine to. Even a 5 ball game would be a miracle to get thru all 12 songs.

Other PRO owners I have spoken to are just delighted to own the Pro. I have played a Premium now and enjoyed it alot. It is definately a fun game, with eye candy lighting from the heavens and the differences make it different. I think the Pro plays a little bit faster(10 to 20 percent only) faster but the ultimate goal for anyone would be to own both a Pro and a Premium cause they are different enough that u could really enjoy both.

I wanted a harder game with more random, and shorter ball time so i went the Pro this time. Will i try to buy a Premium as well, yes, if I can. Would I ever sell the AC/DC PRO, no way, its that good that it will be a forever keeper for sure. The PRO AC/DC machine is a winner and I would rate it a 9 outta ten, the Premium/LE is a 10 outta 10.  Dont ever think the PRO isnt a great game cause it is. Its alot of fun and if u like challenging, with great music and superb flow, the PRO is still a baragain for the $5950. Both AC/DC playfield designs are just the bomb.

I often play doubles against my brother, and we have alot of fun. So overall, new gamecode, more shaker motor effects, and all the extras have made what was already a great fun game, even better.

I will type up the AC/DC PRO game rule cheat sheet and post it here which will help any AC/DC owner to fully appreciate the extra fun and challenge which can be had by knowing the tricks of Steve Ritchie's game code rules etc.

IF I had my time over again, would I still buy the AC/DC Pro, hell yes. A really fun DMD with lots on offer.
I also note, i have read many posts from many different pinball forums from all over the world, and havent read anywhere yet where a AC/DC Pinball OWNER has said he was not happy. It seems every owner is still tickled pink with their games 3 and 4 months into the ownership. Thats a really good reference to go by for sure !

Keep AC/DC flipping !  ^^^  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:10:16 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !