Aussie Pinball Forums > Technical Matters

Joker Poker Gottleib

(1/4) > >>

Pinballrocks:
Hey All,

I have started working on my Joker Poker. I have no displays at the moment and     
I am having trouble with the 1/4 amp Slo blow fuse which keeps blowing when i power machine up.
I am using a fast blow not sure if that is the issue as I think it should be a slo blow fuse?
I am currently having issues finding 1/4 amp slo blow fuses does anyone know of someone locally?
So I have 2 questions.. 1. Would the fast blow fuse blow immediately when powered up? 
                                  2. Where can I purchase 1/4amp slo blow fuses in Sydney Australia?

Thanks in advance.

Strangeways:
Do you have schematics ?

You will need a slo blo. Jaycar or any electronic store should stock them, or buy from us here - https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/mdl-1-1-4-slow-blow-fuses/

Don't waste time or $ until you use the correct slo blo... Then try the below ;

1/4A SB Fuse on the fuse board is for the +69 V which goes to the Power Supply. You can remove the input connector to the power board and then test for the fuse. That will eliminate the Bridge rectifier on the fuse board.

More likely, it will be a display, so you could try disconnecting all the displays and add one at a time until the fuse blows. NOTE - DO NOT disconnect a display while power is on.

Report back..

Pinballrocks:
Thanks Nino,
I will have a look over the weekend. I tried Jaycar but they said they don't stock that fuse.
I have just found some on ebay, and i ordered them yesterday.
Now i know that RTBB has them i will get them there next time.
I will keep you posted on the outcome.
Thanks Again.. Cheers ^^^

Pinballrocks:
 Update on Joker Poker.

I got the Slo Blow fuses finally but I will need to find some edge connector housings as some of the wires are soldered to the boards and After checking further a lot of the pins are completely open.
I think its best to sort this issue out first before I look into the fuse blowing issue.

The fun of trouble shooting Pinball machines  ^&^

Strangeways:
We don't have all the connectors in stock as some are discontinued and suppliers have run out of their stock - Try these ;

https://www.rtbb.com.au/?s=gottlieb+connector

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version