Author Topic: Xenon help please  (Read 6900 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Xenon help please
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 10:48:51 AM »
 $#$
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 06:33:47 AM »
The boards have gone to Beaky and I miss her already. Here's a pic all lit up. It's not the best pic but its the only one I took while I could still turn it on.

I've also pulled the door apart for a clean up, figured I may as well while the boards are gone I can't play it anyway.
With all the rust It looks like its had its far share of drinks spilt down the front of it.

Shot blasted and off for zinc treatment. I always take a picture of the components all laid out before taking them to the electroplaters just in case they loose something. At least that way I can workout what the hell I'm missing if it ever came to that. The flipper brackets are in there to.

Hopefully I can get it all back together before the boards arrive back.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 06:42:09 AM »
As you can see Beaky has his work in front of him too! Good luck with it Andrew.  ^^^

It's a bit hard to tell in the second pic but there are a lot of wires going directly to the back of the boards.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:45:14 AM by Crashramp »

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 10:43:08 PM »
Tabs one nasty looking coin door
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »
Yes, it doesn't look the best and it felt very gritty to the touch but once I removed all the crap everything is still in good nick and will come back together very nicely.

Offline 63wizz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 04:40:55 PM »
How much does it cost to get all that stuff re plated.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 05:46:57 PM »

Ha, I think there is a whole other story about the mob in Albury that are doing the plating for Adam but I will let him tell the story.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 07:40:30 PM »

There's only one Electroplaters in Albury so I have little choice of where to go but as far as price is concerned these guys have a minimum charge of $30 for zinc plating. So when I take stuff in I make sure I have enough to take in to make it worthwhile for my $30.  I had about 60 individual pieces in the last lot I took in and that cost $40. Size matters also of course. Chrome plating is quite a bit more again and the turn around time is a round a month for chrome but only a couple of days for zinc.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »

Ha, I think there is a whole other story about the mob in Albury that are doing the plating for Adam but I will let him tell the story.

I was telling Blair today about my latest experience with the friendly   *.* local electroplaters. I dropped my last lot of gear off for zincing last Thursday and went in at lunch time today thinking that it'd be ready, anyway I'm standing at the counter and scouring the shelves and the floor area (cause thats where they keep things here) off to the side for a box with my name on it while I was waiting for the nice lady   *.* to get up out of her office and serve me. Any way I can't see anything and then I look at all the crap laying about on the counter top and see two of the three boxs of parts I brought in, still untouched sitting in the exact spot I placed them down on 6 days earlier!  The nice lady   *.* then comes out, looks at me, then looks at my stuff and says "you dropp'en this stuff off are ya"? Long story short(er) we sort it out but not before the nice lady's  *.* son also has a look and tells me he was just look'en at that stuff too and was wondering which bits were suppose to be getting chromed.  I then explain that there was another box with 7 pieces in it which is no longer sitting here that are suppose to be getting chromed. He tells me that someone must have grabbed them already and there probably getting done as we speak.
It obviously didn't fill me with the greatest of confidence to say the least. Anyway I have the photos so if worst came to worst at least I should be able to identify what's missing but god I hope it doesn't come to that!   ^&^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 07:50:55 PM »
I can't believe I missed this thread  !@#

I think a resto thread is in order  #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 07:57:26 PM »
I can't believe I missed this thread  !@#

I think a resto thread is in order  #@#

Yes, I was only going to post a photo of the machine with lights on, but got carried away. Restoration thread to follow once the parts are back.

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »
The plating crowd sound very reliable, hope they havnt lost any of your parts. @.@

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2013, 10:13:17 AM »

I was telling Blair today about my latest experience with the friendly   *.* local electroplaters. I dropped my last lot of gear off for zincing last Thursday and went in at lunch time today thinking that it'd be ready, anyway I'm standing at the counter and scouring the shelves and the floor area (cause thats where they keep things here) off to the side for a box with my name on it while I was waiting for the nice lady   *.* to get up out of her office and serve me. Any way I can't see anything and then I look at all the crap laying about on the counter top and see two of the three boxs of parts I brought in, still untouched sitting in the exact spot I placed them down on 6 days earlier!  The nice lady   *.* then comes out, looks at me, then looks at my stuff and says "you dropp'en this stuff off are ya"? Long story short(er) we sort it out but not before the nice lady's  *.* son also has a look and tells me he was just look'en at that stuff too and was wondering which bits were suppose to be getting chromed.  I then explain that there was another box with 7 pieces in it which is no longer sitting here that are suppose to be getting chromed. He tells me that someone must have grabbed them already and there probably getting done as we speak.
It obviously didn't fill me with the greatest of confidence to say the least. Anyway I have the photos so if worst came to worst at least I should be able to identify what's missing but god I hope it doesn't come to that!   ^&^

They sound totally hopeless . ::) Just cause they are the only platers in town doesn't mean they shouldn't run their business efficiently  ^.^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »

They sound totally hopeless . ::) Just cause they are the only platers in town doesn't mean they shouldn't run their business efficiently  ^.^

Spot on but no use complaining to this lot, they wouldn't take any notice anyway. I fact they have a red button mounted to the middle of a rabbit trap on the wall with a sign which says press button for complaints department.
Pretty well sums it up!

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2013, 06:58:54 PM »
Hi guys,

I have developed some problems with this machine again. Both are similar to last time. Firstly at the start of the game the ball won't advance out to the shooter lane. But if I physically push the first ball through into the shooter lane then for the rest of that game the balls load up just fine. At the end of the game I'm back to square one again though.

I have a feeling its the micro switch pictured below which is the problem. I haven't been able to find a direct replacement for this switch. Does anybody know if these are still available or if there's another one which will do the same job?

Next problem is that the ball won't eject out of the exit chamber at the end of the tube again. I've just replaced the switch as well and it's made no difference at all. The coil kicks out in test just fine.

All of the boards have just been repaired and some connectors replaced but I've been over the connectors many times and wires are where they should be. Also the fuses have all been tested and also good.

Any advice would be welcome. It's getting fairly frustrating. Thanks.