Author Topic: HELP - Gottlieb Volley must be finished by 14th April  (Read 5563 times)

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
Re: HELP - Gottlieb Volley must be finished by 14th April
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 05:14:47 PM »
Had a look at the IPD. Looks as though the targets are solid coloured (Yellow,Blue & Green w White or Black star). If you can't track any down, you can scan one that is OK and email to me. I'll drawn them up and cut adhesive vinyl (full set and spares) for you.

Greg
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:09:22 PM by oldpins »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »
I scanned my jungle princss ones and printed them onto adhesive paper then mylared them.    I also ordered new ones and opted to leave my ones instead of use the pbr ones

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »

Flyer suggests they have the star artwork on plain colored targets.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2743&picno=4965&zoom=1

I can add a new set to a pbr order if you like.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »
Had a look at the IPD. Looks as though the targets are solid coloured (Yellow,Blue & Green w White or Black star). If you can't track any down, you can scan one that is OK and email to me. I'll drawn them up and cut adhesive vinyl (full set and spares) for you.

Greg

Greg thanks for your offer, I may take you up one that one, as I am on a slight budget for this one, I'll let you know soon.

Thanks also Nino, I'll work it all out tonight and tommorrow and see how the budget is and what parts will go into it.

Thanks for all the replys guys, keep them coming, great to know I've got heaps of support out there when I need help  ^^^

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »
If you order in a new set of drop targets make sure you tell them you want the black stars on the yellow drop targets,i have a full new set for Volley that i have had here for 10 years,but i remember when i ordered them they sent me Yellow with white stars.Also if you order in any bumper skirts be aware that the yellow is a perfect match,but the blue and greens are not.I recieved my order from PBR yesterday and could not work out why these 2 colours where wrong.On the order page it gives you the colour choices with only 1 Yellow,1 Blue,and a Green and Dark Green.I ordered all 4 just in case because i did not know what colour Green i would need.On the originals it has a letter,be it A-B or C,i do not know if this is something to do with colour or whatever.The original Blue has the letter A on it the 3 i ordered one is marked A one is B and one C but they are all the same colour but nowhere the same as the originals which pissed me off because 2 of the Blue were for my Joker Poker which are the same as Volley.It was the same for the Greens, one Dark Green and one Green  both of them not close to the original colour.After disconecting all the pop bumpers on Volley last week and touching up the paint under them,i have new bumper bodies and mylar ready to install and put everything back together,but i will use the old skirts because the replacements will not look right.This might not be a big deal to some people but  i was going to put all new parts in the pop bumpers.As for drop targets the old hot stamped originals were the best as the inks they use today ,you only have to spit on them and the inks runs off.I will be installing all new drop targets,plastics,posts ect in the next week,so if you are going to put an order into PBR make sure you get all you need in the one order.Also a big thanks to Pinball Rescue for making the new Volley plastics,they look great.

Offline oldpins

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 09:07:25 PM »

Greg

Greg thanks for your offer, I may take you up one that one, as I am on a slight budget for this one, I'll let you know soon.

Thanks also Nino, I'll work it all out tonight and tommorrow and see how the budget is and what parts will go into it.

Thanks for all the replys guys, keep them coming, great to know I've got heaps of support out there when I need help  ^^^
I'll make them up for you no charge. Just PM me when ready. Greg

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 10:09:28 PM »

Greg

I'll make them up for you no charge. Just PM me when ready. Greg

Great offer, Greg  ^^^

Punter - I've had similar issues and the way I've got around it is to specify in the order that they are to be Gottlieb skirts with the nib (or tit as I call them). Otherwise, you get the generic kind. The yellows are completely different.

Matt - I'll be collating my order over the weekend and it will be finalised by next Tuesday. We will confirm exactly what you require and hopefully parts will arrive on time. They usually take 14 days.

While we are right on the "community spirit" for this task, I'm happy to provide my time on any fault finding or repairs you may require leading up to your Dad's birthday. We don't want to dissappoint him !

^^^

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 11:57:41 AM »
Thanks guys!!  !#%

Question 5.

Please tell me what is missing from this photo
I think is is the replay knocker but is there something else, hopefully Daniel will have one in his stash to help me out??

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »
Question 6.

Ok this is where I got up to last night so I need to know the best way to remove the nails, I think it was covered in another thread.
And the answers to Question 3. Paint what colour white  !@#

What colour 'white' do people recommend painting the cab with? I have a gravity feed gun and can spray myself so no probs there just wondering best brand and colour name.

Also for any volley owners who have painted theirs, what green and red do you suggest?

Can someone post a link to how to apply the webbing I know it has been covered a few times

Do I put a satin clear to seal after painting?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »
Yeah would be a credit knocker and I'll have one here.    As for nail removal check out Strangeways ace high restore had a great guide to removing them

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 12:42:40 PM »

Credit knocker - as Daniel stated. The chimes unit has been moved back - that's why you have three holes in addition to the three holes that the knocker is installed.

Thankfully, you have chimes. These are sometimes missing and difficult to source.

Nail removal - Check out my Aces High resto.

White paint - Gavin might know this. For the last Wedgehead I repainted I took a sample to "Paint Mobile" in Preston and they did a match for me. I don't have that paint any longer to give you the formula - Sorry ! Just make sure the paint is not a full gloss. Semi gloss or stain is fine. Again, Gavin should be able to help out.

Offline el_timbo86

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 01:16:01 PM »
Hey Matt,

If there is anything you can use in my shop etc let me know. I have no experience with an EM build, but your welcome to use the riveting gear if you need to rebuild any switches etc. Same goes for any other tooling. Just give me a call.

If you want some nice instruction cards made up, i would be happy to mock up something custom for you. Happy 60th etc...

Like i said, just let me know

Timbo

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »
Thanks for all your help guys  ^^^

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 02:50:57 PM »

The only other mandatory parts you will need are ;

A new hold coil, ball, rubber kit..

What is a hold coil used for? Obviously one that gets used a lot holding one of the relays???
Is it a GTB-A9738?

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »

The only other mandatory parts you will need are ;

A new hold coil, ball, rubber kit..

What is a hold coil used for? Obviously one that gets used a lot holding one of the relays???
Is it a GTB-A9738?

Could be - I'll need to check one of my spare parts books for the exact coil. The "Hold" coil is always on. It can be disabled and the contact blades adjusted, but I don't usually do that. The "hum" noise the coil makes gives the machine it's character !

They are usually burnt out and the hum produced can be annoying while playing the game. I generally replace them.