Author Topic: A BUMP in the road  (Read 20568 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: A BUMP in the road
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »
sorry to hear mate, not a nice feeling, hopefully you to will find something

all the best

Sorry to hear mate. I got the sack 3 weeks ago. Been laying low even not visiting here much. All happened within 2 seconds when my boss emailed me saying no time off for staff in September as he has plans of taking the wife away. I mentioned I put in a request in March for that same weekend in September that clashed with his week off. Two seconds later I was gone after 7 years.

Guess what my weekend was for.......yep pinfest......I knew pinball wasn't good for me  %.%

First time sacked, first time unemployed, have no f@%king idea what to do.  ^.^

Good luck with the hunt mate

Thanks Rob, hope your bub gets better very soon, stresses you out when they are helpless and struggling
Suppose I have time to do those plans  %.%, ..... I am actually getting very close - more work than I thought again
cheers mate and thanks everyone else for your kind and encouraging words

Jady,

Really sorry to hear that mate. Speaking from personal experience where i got booted at the end of last year (and no redundancy) and without work for 3 months i know how tough it is at the moment.  While everyone says to keep your chin up, and things will get better, it is hard to understand and accept, it is right.  Since getting the boot, i had time at home (couldn't really enjoy it though due to financial pressure of no income.  BUT since eventually getting a new job, its been the best thing. Enjoy the new job more and am far more relaxed as there was a heap of crud going on at the old workplace that i didn't need.

If you need to sell pins or anything else, do it, they can be replaced, valuable time with your family cannot.

Also, all the best with your bub, again i know how it feels as we just spent the last 3 days in hospital with our 4 week old with a viral throat infection...

Rob
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts