Author Topic: Twilight Zone spruce up  (Read 3768 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Twilight Zone spruce up
« on: April 17, 2015, 06:21:39 AM »
Thanks for the comments, but turbo27 - i am certainly an amateur, i've just enjoyed getting in and giving this a go  sometimes you think you have gone in a bit too deep, but then thats how you learn new skills or techniques!

Sanded back everything and installed the new cab base, then brought the cab inside to do the main decals.

I have made up a plug for the hole where the coin door goes - this way, the decal doesn't sag in the middle and cause creases when you apply.  I did the front the wet method - hence the tape and newspaper covering the base of the cab

I cut the backing off 1/4 or so of the decal, then reapply the backing, but with an overlap underneath. This way, i apply that small section first (as pictured below), with a heavy weight on the rest to make sure it doesn't move, then move the weight to the applied section, and peel back the backing on the remaining section and apply it.

For some reason, i always seem to wait until my wife is 8.5 months pregnant when i need her help to apply decals...

All done with the main cab, just need to cut out a few more holes