Author Topic: Yes you can still score reasonable pinballs!  (Read 267 times)

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
Yes you can still score reasonable pinballs!
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:05:03 PM »
I have kind of felt that this wasn't possible the last 5 or more years since ebay. My local operator started jacking the prices after ebay opened a wider market for sales. The last 2 months I have finally seen some light at the end of the tunnel, reasonable prices. I did a 15 hour road trip last month, & my MasterCard got frozen when I went on an evening road trip. They saw too many gas stations stops, & put a freeze on my card. I scored a Bally Lost World which had a good playfield, & all the electronics, coin door, & a EM with beat glass for $125. I left the cabinet & glass with the owner - trash. Then I picked up a Gottlieb Car Hop & Williams Wild Fyre for $500, missing some stuff but a decent deal on Car Hop. I had to leave a Space Invaders vid since the trailer was maxed out with 3 bingos from the 50's for my local guys who scored 3 at $350 each restored & nice!

Today I scored a Silverball Mania for $350 (bad 5101, fair glass & some poor displays) & I got another non working Fire Power at $350 coming this Saturday. So maybe the prices are getting back to a reasonable level here in my area. If I score the huge lot from my local operator of 40 - 65 early electronic pins I will be really impressed. My friends are hoping it happens & they can also get some affordable pins.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Yes you can still score reasonable pinballs!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:49:03 PM »
wow amazing prices, love the 50's artwork on the car hop, any chance of some pics

great deals #*#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:51:12 PM »
Congrats John !  ^^^

I have noticed prices falling here to mate ! Not as cheap as you've got them there but they sure are falling...

The cream machines are also rising to the top which indicates to me that the true collectors are willing to pay the $$$ if the machine is right !

A little jealous of the Car hop...Need to post some pics of it !  #@#  *)*

Its always been one on the 'to add' list.

Marco
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 07:14:39 PM »

Project and route pins are slowly dropping in price

Restored High End Pinballs (all generations) are starting to climb
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 04:22:35 PM »
I have started to move a bunch of pins in my addition games room. 24' x 24' As soon as it looks reasonable clean I will post some pictures. Looks strange having 2 of the same titles, Fire Power & Fireball 2, & I just sold a Mata Hari with writing on the blade (had a couple of these). Next May I will be bringing 3 Power Plays home from Allentown.

My buddy has taken his Centaur (which he touched up with a sharpie, I can't tell the difference) & his Paragon over for the Winter. While he is doing renovations, so I get to tune up his pins & play them until Spring. Both pins need a lot of reflowing solder & new contacts installed.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.