Author Topic: Xmas purchases ? whats ya next pin purchase ?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Xmas purchases ? whats ya next pin purchase ?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 11:58:59 PM »
The bourban I can help with Extra Ball, but the Eight Ball Deluxe wont fit in the Santa Sack.

I would send u a bottle of Brisbane's finest Moonshine (made by a good mate who shall remain anonymous.lol) but the postal service may not be happy with me for sending flammable liquids. (Beaky can attest to the niceness of said Moonshine).
So ya just going to have to come up and visit us Queenslanders in the New Year.My wifes cousin is a big manager with Jetstar so i am working on him for a few freeby tickets to the GoldCoast. Stay tuned. 

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 12:04:37 AM »
Another project EM to play with  $#$ $#$
pinballaustralia.com

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 12:05:37 AM »
The bourban I can help with Extra Ball, but the Eight Ball Deluxe wont fit in the Santa Sack.

I would send u a bottle of Brisbane's finest Moonshine (made by a good mate who shall remain anonymous.lol) but the postal service may not be happy with me for sending flammable liquids. (Beaky can attest to the niceness of said Moonshine).
So ya just going to have to come up and visit us Queenslanders in the New Year.My wifes cousin is a big manager with Jetstar so i am working on him for a few freeby tickets to the GoldCoast. Stay tuned. 

$%$ **)

does that sum it up?
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 04:42:34 AM »
I hope to acquire a new playfield window for my 1st Creature restoration project.

2009 has been a tough year, my best friend died on new years day unexpectedly, lost my job and sold 5 of my pins and a few other possessions to keep afloat til I started a new job earlier this month. Now that I'm working, I need to prioritize expenditures and rebuild savings etc. Pin parts aren't even *second* in line, they are pretty low on the pole.

I don't need 'stuff'; I guess nobody does, but it's more important that my 1 and 3 year olds get to experience the holiday than it is that I get a playfield window. I've been assembling parts for this restoration for several years now, and had the choice recently of nearly all the other parts I needed or the window; I got the other parts and can drop the window in at the last moment - it's doubtful the playfield will be completely assembled by new years anyways :)

A better gift to myself would be the *time* it is going to take to reassemble the game by new years :) But no project gets rushed here!

If I could buy anything, perhaps I'd acquire the Cactus Canyon I've wanted for years :) Or maybe a NIB or HUO Shrek.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 09:44:34 AM »

I was thinking of a repro Eight Ball playfield, but I think Santa won't fit that in the sled with all the pins you guys are getting !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 09:49:31 AM »
Come on guys, we need more members to list what you want/or will get ya self for under the xmas tree.Santa cant work miracles without ya list !  *%*

List away. !@#

Mate if your playin Santa I want a eight ball deluxe, and bottle of Jim Beam to enjoy it with.
 ()

OK - I will spill the beans - I should have an EBD in the shed before Christmas...

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 10:51:33 AM »
Come on guys, we need more members to list what you want/or will get ya self for under the xmas tree.Santa cant work miracles without ya list !  *%*

List away. !@#

Mate if your playin Santa I want a eight ball deluxe, and bottle of Jim Beam to enjoy it with.
 ()

OK - I will spill the beans - I should have an EBD in the shed before Christmas...

sorry to hear that mate, its a shit game

@@* lucky bugga!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 01:11:57 PM »
I already got my Twister as an early Xmas present/real early $#$ and have enjoyed every moment of this super fast game. Will also get some other pinball bits and pieces and the new pinball DVD.

Peter

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »
LOTR gold, ships 4th dec  ^^^

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 06:39:15 PM »
Also got mine early with the Paragon, and a couple of deliveries in the last 2 days from Marcos and PBR with some nice goodies inside.But if your buying i will have a Medusa to slot in as well please.Every weekend is christmas for me drinking JD and playing the pins,it does not get any better than that.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 08:20:29 PM »
No new pins for me unfortunately.  Hopefully a new Funhouse playfield will arrive before then too.

Although a NIB TSPP would almost top my wish list.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 08:37:13 PM »
Well, i have bought a new pin every fortnight for the past 11 months so i have 25 xmas pins/presents sitting here already.
There goes the superannuation.lol
But, i have had a "project" i am working on that requires a minimum of about 40 - 50 pins. So, i am just over half way there and should be on track to complete it by the end of next year, if not beforehand. (how does a real working pinballworld on the gold coast sound).but i still like the cave of treasures name better.lol  . maybe i will get a large neon sign made of both.

I have a bk2000 arriving soon, perhaps a sega-jurrassic park lost world, and have to pick up a theatre of magic.That will certainly do me for the year.
2 x more twilight zones are next, then i will look at a few indiannas. the list goes on.
My wife is having a baby at the end of december, a baby boy. I have a 8 yr old daughter so a son will be good. We can do boy things instead of girly stuff.

Anyway, i have been looking around today for a bigger house.This house is getting a bit tight with 25 pins in it so a bigger house is next.
The real estate lady asked "what requirements do u have", i said "i need to fit 30 pinball machines in it", she said "whats a pinball machine".  %.%

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »
No more pins for me this year.

I could buy one but then sant wouldn't be able to visit my kids this year.

easy decision to make. The pins i want will still be around early next year. But sant won't come for another year.

I would not miss the unwrapping of presents around the xmas tree and the smiles on my kids faces on that morning for 1000 pins. You only get a few of those mornings in a life time. But any morning in your life can be an add a Pinball to your collection morning.

but some people who have more income than me (from working hard for their money of course) are able to do both, buy a pin and have santa visit.

any way i can class my bk2k as my early xmas present  ^^^
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 08:52:16 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2009, 08:49:39 PM »
But, i have had a "project" i am working on that requires a minimum of about 40 - 50 pins. So, i am just over half way there and should be on track to complete it by the end of next year, if not beforehand. (how does a real working pinballworld on the gold coast sound

This little bit of news deserved a whole new thread.
 ()

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 08:55:02 PM »
thought i would just slip it in.

will post a proper thread when i secure the final premises.  ^^^

but at least people know i have a purpose. i cant play dozens of pinballs by myself.  ^^^