Author Topic: Xmas purchases ? whats ya next pin purchase ?  (Read 1274 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Xmas purchases ? whats ya next pin purchase ?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 08:58:36 PM »
thought i would just slip it in.

will post a proper thread when i secure the final premises.  ^^^

but at least people know i have a purpose. i cant play dozens of pinballs by myself.  ^^^

Yes, you can - just not trying hard enough!

Does sound like an interesting plan, though...

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 09:01:16 PM »
thought i would just slip it in.

will post a proper thread when i secure the final premises.  ^^^

but at least people know i have a purpose. i cant play dozens of pinballs by myself.  ^^^
its all part of the plan. my lips are sealed on the rest of it.  %$% &&
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline billstats

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 10:28:14 PM »
that will be good if u get that up & running cave, I will definetely go there on my next trip up the gold coast ......does anyone know of the progress on alan tates museum? $#$
bill /sydney /pinballs

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
that will be good if u get that up & running cave, I will definetely go there on my next trip up the gold coast ......does anyone know of the progress on alan tates museum? $#$

Games are still being restored and rebuilt by Lee Feldwick.

Last I heard is Alan is now/about to retire and put all his energy into the museum.

Will ask Michael the next time we are chatting

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2009, 10:42:05 PM »
Well, i have bought a new pin every fortnight for the past 11 months so i have 25 xmas pins/presents sitting here already.
There goes the superannuation.lol
But, i have had a "project" i am working on that requires a minimum of about 40 - 50 pins. So, i am just over half way there and should be on track to complete it by the end of next year, if not beforehand. (how does a real working pinballworld on the gold coast sound).but i still like the cave of treasures name better.lol  . maybe i will get a large neon sign made of both.

I have a bk2000 arriving soon, perhaps a sega-jurrassic park lost world, and have to pick up a theatre of magic.That will certainly do me for the year.
2 x more twilight zones are next, then i will look at a few indiannas. the list goes on.
My wife is having a baby at the end of december, a baby boy. I have a 8 yr old daughter so a son will be good. We can do boy things instead of girly stuff.

Anyway, i have been looking around today for a bigger house.This house is getting a bit tight with 25 pins in it so a bigger house is next.
The real estate lady asked "what requirements do u have", i said "i need to fit 30 pinball machines in it", she said "whats a pinball machine".  %.%

This is some interesting news.. Greg's right - deserves it's own thread. Sounds like you are going to re open "Grundy's" in surfers !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2009, 10:42:46 PM »
I hear locally that Alan is having major hassles with the goldcoast city council and they will not approve it in its current planning/application.
I understand a changed application has been made. They still have to buy land, build a building etc etc.May still many years away unfortunately.

The way to get around it, is to do something on private land, but not open to the public.Ya just invite anyone who wants to come and look/play, who is in the pin industry or hobby.visits are free etc etc.just got to work the bar bit out. && &&  &&  

My aim is to have a building on my soon to be purchased farm (next year) and have a building that can accomodate 50 plus pins, pool tables,a big bar, bistro etc, and have three or 4 cabins (decked out like pinball themes) for pinheads to come n stay in. but i will do a proper thread when the purchasing is complete. I have spread myself thin this year, running a security business and spending like its going out of fashion. I dont use credit, dont believe in it, just what i have earnt n tucked away. but we will get more pins, then go from there.I am ahead of schedule.

I just reckon it would be good to walk in a room and play any pin ya want from 50 great titles.seeing other people happy playing them is what it is about.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 10:48:51 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »

Games are still being restored and rebuilt by Lee Feldwick.

Last I heard is Alan is now/about to retire and put all his energy into the museum.

Will ask Michael the next time we are chatting

Send some Woodies down south - I'll get them going  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline billstats

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 11:03:35 PM »
That sounds awecome cave,the only "events " we pinheads in sydney get to experience are Douglas/shaloub, get-togethers (which are cool) ,theres no pinnie parlours etc left &^&
bill /sydney /pinballs

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2009, 11:04:54 PM »
I hear locally that Alan is having major hassles with the goldcoast city council and they will not approve it in its current planning/application.
I understand a changed application has been made. They still have to buy land, build a building etc etc.May still many years away unfortunately.

The way to get around it, is to do something on private land, but not open to the public.Ya just invite anyone who wants to come and look/play, who is in the pin industry or hobby.visits are free etc etc.just got to work the bar bit out. && &&  &&  

My aim is to have a building on my soon to be purchased farm (next year) and have a building that can accomodate 50 plus pins, pool tables,a big bar, bistro etc, and have three or 4 cabins (decked out like pinball themes) for pinheads to come n stay in. but i will do a proper thread when the purchasing is complete. I have spread myself thin this year, running a security business and spending like its going out of fashion. I dont use credit, dont believe in it, just what i have earnt n tucked away. but we will get more pins, then go from there.I am ahead of schedule.

I just reckon it would be good to walk in a room and play any pin ya want from 50 great titles.seeing other people happy playing them is what it is about.

Goodluck to ya, this country, this hobby is screaming for such a venue.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2009, 12:08:52 AM »

i hope mine here for xmas

capt fantasic ...

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2009, 06:47:58 AM »

Way to go mate. Good luck to you.  ^^^

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2009, 07:16:42 AM »
That sounds awecome cave,the only "events " we pinheads in sydney get to experience are Douglas/shaloub, get-togethers (which are cool) ,theres no pinnie parlours etc left &^&

Even bigger than Jason and Michael's events are the Rollerball meets  *)*

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2009, 10:44:18 PM »
Working on getting TOTAN in the new year, in lieu of baby#2 arrival (Girl).

SC.
SC.

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2009, 12:16:09 AM »
I'm on the lookout for a first machine.

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2009, 07:26:25 AM »
I'm on the lookout for a first machine.

So what type of game are you after Blue?

This is the perfect time to buy - market is flooded with people looking to sell just before Christmas.

If you let us know what type of game you are after maybe somebody here will be able to help you?