Author Topic: YA COLLECTION IN 5 YEARS ???  (Read 615 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: YA COLLECTION IN 5 YEARS ???
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »
it seems space is the re-occurring issue for everyone.

i have apx 30 machines and my place is about 2 machines from being maxed out, however, i will just find a bigger place, that is the only answer.

when u are addicted, and u have visions of a games room with 60 machines in it, filled with 20 or 30 members all drinking beer and hard liquor, all playing pins and
having a great time, its just too hard to say NO to more machines. so a bigger place it will definately be.

IF I HAVE TO STOCKPILE PINBALL MACHINES LIKE THE USA and RUSSIA STOCKPILE NUCLEAR WARHEADS,THAN SO BE IT !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
(an evil laugh is heard with a maniac rubbing his hands together in the background)  %.% %.% 

You had better stop laughing like that or 20 to 30 people will suddenly not  know you  <.>

Offline shansta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 12:09:19 AM »
I might have 3 machines that actually work...

Either that - or they will be scattered around AP...  :lol
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 12:22:38 AM »
I forgot to mention, all the other crazy people in the room were rubbing their hands together and were laughing like only pinball addicted people can as well.  ^^^

(there was a big sign on the wall, complaining wives not welcome)  %.%   Now, thats a games room.  ^^^

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:25:56 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Douggie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »
I'll also add there are only really 2 machines that I need (as opposed to want haha)....they are Family Guy and Evel Knievel......some machines Ive played just dont give me any enjoyment. For example my "Fish Tales", I really thought I'd like that title..simple and colourful but I reckon its boring. Unfortunately I will die with it as its had so many repairs/fixes I'd feel guilty flogging it to anyone else. My "Hot Hand" has also lost its appeal (just too simple and slow). Austin Powers gets alot of use with the whole family but SF2 is my favourite and gets played many times a day. Looking at pics on ebay it appears that most of the Gottlieb/Premier machines are quite similar in layout so I'll probably try and get a couple more of them when I find the space.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »
I seem to have slowed down in the desire to max out the collection numbers. While most games have something to offer, I really only have the desire to have the games that have something special or mean something special to me. Hopefully add Kingpin if Gene goes ahead, and there's one or two games besides that I'd like. After that, then it's full restorations on some of the existing games - Black Hole if I ever get my playfield back, stencil the head box of Asteroid Annie, full restore (or replace with a better example) of Firepower, get those decals onto AFM, finish the Joker Poker. Who knows, my tastes might change and I might turn some games over. As John said, five years is a long time for change.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 11:19:08 AM »
I might have 3 machines that actually work...

Either that - or they will be scattered around AP...  :lol

Mate I hear ya .. *%* . The best I've managed so far is to have 3 of the 5 I have setup at any time, fully working.
 Even my Lady Luck which has taken many many hours to bring back from the dead still has a couple of  intermittent faults .
I need more room ! and more $$$