Author Topic: Yatala Drive-in Movies Gold Coast Queensland Australia  (Read 759 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Yatala Drive-in Movies Gold Coast Queensland Australia
« on: January 04, 2012, 11:36:30 PM »
Hi All,

Well on new years eve I decided to chill out and take my lovely wife & 4 kids to the drive in movies at Yatala, we all had a great family night out, and 3 of our 4 kids fell  asleep before the 2nd movie.  (((

They have a very cool american style diner cafe & 3 pinball machines CFTBL, TAF & T2. Sited by the Pinball Shed.

I took some pics for the interstate AP members, very cool place to visit and not too far from the theme parks.

Enjoy...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Some more pics..
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Here's one of the two large screens

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Very cool.

Is there still the drive through pie shop in Yatala?  I lived in Windaroo for a little while and that pie shop was the best.

Addicted to pins.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Keep promising myself that ill take the kids there one day... really must pull my finger out!

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Great to see there are still some drive-ins around. I have fond memories of going to one when I was a kid.
Love the diner setup, great to see a few pins in the wild in there too  ^^^

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Very cool.

Is there still the drive through pie shop in Yatala?  I lived in Windaroo for a little while and that pie shop was the best.

Yes the famous Yatala pie shop still exists, best pies on the southside.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
BEEFYS are the best on Northside

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
well done Leon on posting some photos of this cool place. might pop up and have a look at the 3 machines for some fun on friday night etc.

and yes, yatala pies is always busy, they actually sell apx 3,000 (yes, 3 thousand pies) most weekdays, and the owner told me recently, that on a saturday and sunday,they average around 5,500 to 6,000 pies per day, yes, per day, on a saturday and a sunday, their busiest days. The owner isnt stupid either, he does not take eftpos, it is a cash only business, and will always be according to him. There is a few ATM's at the place, but he collects massive amounts of cash daily.

mmmm, maybe he needs a few pinballs in the place too ! that would really give pinball some exposure with the 5,000 people per day that go thru the place. !  ^^^

thanks for posting the photos.  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
That looks awesome, will have to check out next time I am up at Goldie.

We have one about 45 minutes from here in the Valley - must check it out and see if any games there.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Yeah it's not a bad joint...a little over-priced and could do with some new gear but if that keeps a drive in running these days so be it.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
well done Leon on posting some photos of this cool place. might pop up and have a look at the 3 machines for some fun on friday night etc.

and yes, yatala pies is always busy, they actually sell apx 3,000 (yes, 3 thousand pies) most weekdays, and the owner told me recently, that on a saturday and sunday,they average around 5,500 to 6,000 pies per day, yes, per day, on a saturday and a sunday, their busiest days. The owner isnt stupid either, he does not take eftpos, it is a cash only business, and will always be according to him. There is a few ATM's at the place, but he collects massive amounts of cash daily.

mmmm, maybe he needs a few pinballs in the place too ! that would really give pinball some exposure with the 5,000 people per day that go thru the place. !  ^^^

thanks for posting the photos.  ^^^ ^^^

I would believe that -
we used drive down once a month  for a pie (stock up)
" I miss those pies"
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth

I took some pics for the interstate AP members, very cool place to visit and not too far from the theme parks.

Enjoy...

As far as I know, we have NOTHING like this in W.A.
What a COOL drive in theatre - drives are something of a rarity nowadays in any case.
Added this to the "bucket list" for when I head east.
CFTBL is of course THE machine for that venue.
I reckon a Diner would just about round it out.

Thanks for the great pics  *%*

PP
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 01:34:05 PM by Pinprick »
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
BEEFYS are the best on Northside

There is one at Ningi of all places! (Next to a 7-11.) But it didn't look that busy.

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Thanks for the photos, great setup. Must try and check this out next time we are in the Gold Coast.