Author Topic: No Longer Available Items for Restoring  (Read 21572 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: No Longer Available Items for Restoring - Ceasing
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 12:43:33 PM »

Hi Jady,

Thanks for the update.

This was a great idea, but I guess people are so used to mass-produced extremely cheap consumer items, that engineered short-run items seem expensive by comparison. I suspect few have ever had something built from scratch,  so don't realize that unique items are expensive, even if its just a "little piece of plastic".

Thanks for letting us know, and all the best with the job hunting - darkest before the storm as they say. You sure have a lot on your plate, but I am sure you'll find the reserves to get through this.

+1
Jady I'm sure everyone understands your decision, I can only say that I sincerly hope that things start looking up in 2014 and I'm sure they will. Seeing the energy you've put into you 3D printing venture your obviously a very motivated person. Keep your chin up mate things will turn around.

+ 2 .  Good on you for giving it a go Jady . ^^^  Damn shame it didn't at least break even for you .. as you say the huge amount of time is a big issue too , cause you just can't charge what your time is worth .

Appreciate you are still doing things tough and bad news in the family sure doesn't help . It is a new year and by about now most employers are back at work so surely the job opportunity side should open up for you again now .

Wishing you all the very best

Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$