Author Topic: Creature From The Black Lagoon Restoration  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Creature From The Black Lagoon Restoration
« on: December 23, 2009, 10:52:23 PM »

After gloating over the playfield for a while - it was time to clean up all the plastics parts, wash the metal parts and place them in the tumbler, and regrain the metal ball guides. I used MartyJ's pads - they are simply awesome and I now use the Green for stubborn dirt and serious regraining, the red next and a final regrain with the grey pads. It leaves the "authentic grained" look. I use Windex with the pads. They grey pads REALLY bring out a shine on polished metal as well - but I'm still experimenting.

As with all the work I do - ALL mechanisms are stripped, cleaned, broken parts replaced and coil sleeves replaced. The owner wants some non factory colored parts installed, and it will look great. Some pictures (don't worry about the Snack Bar outhole - it will be fixed later);

New flipper kits installed - bushings checked for cracks - reassembled ;

Creature playfield window

So the playfield window is a little dull, and it would be difficult to polish it installed. So I screwed it onto a plank of wood and fixed that to the vice. Used the same technique as the playfield for polishing - but I kept an "eye on it" as I went along ;

I installed the playfield window. The flash on the camera really brought out the imperfections. I found they were my fingermarks from the reverse side of the window.

A better picture and more hardware installed ;

More pictures

<.> <.>
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia