Author Topic: Stern Ali Restore  (Read 11256 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern Ali Restore
« on: August 07, 2015, 12:47:05 AM »
Thrilled to see you back on the restorations  ^^^

I'm glad you moved on to the acrylics rather than spray cans. The results as so much better - that basecoat looks amazing. The headbox edging is chipboard and is very difficult to paint as the timber absorbs the paint very quickly and leaves a different finish from the plywood. I can't notice a difference - so you have done very well. The lower cabinet chipboard back panels are always a pain to replace. I think the last one I did took almost a day of fiddling to get it right - but it was worth it.

I know tony LOVES his boxing games - so I know the finish product will be worth waiting for !

Thanks Nino, I've been a busy boy the last few years so there will be a few more resto threads to come for some of the other stuff i've worked on (there's a fair bit of stuff documented on my FB page).  *%* Its just a shame i havent done any work on my OWN games in about 3 yrs!! (still trying to get to my Pinball Pool and finish it)  @.@

The backbox surround on this is MDF, and yes it does soak up a lot of paint, another reason for the multiple coats of primer/filler. And yes the switch to acrylic paints from enamel i used to use saves me a HEAP of time.. especially if something goes wrong! Any screw-ups while painting can be put right in a fraction of the time as opposed to enamel.. can be fixed in a matter of hours as opposed to a week or so!!

Plenty of other resto threads to come when i find time.. including;

Gtb Solar City
Gtb Card Whiz
Gtb Pinball Pool
Gtb Surfer
Gtb Ouick Draw.. all of which have been completed and picked up/delivered.

plus in addition to Ali at the moment i'm also working on;
Gtb Buccaneer (total resto)
Gtb Outer Space (pf resto)

and waiting to be started F14 Tomcat at the end of the queue
Oh and i almost forgot Cam's Wms Line Drive pitch n bat game

AND an Aristocrat one arm bandit  @@^ @@^