Author Topic: Im on a mission - Can you help me?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Re: Im on a mission - Can you help me?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »
Some excellent suggestions there and no matter how simple some of them are, i am guilty of nearly all of them... Make my own lunch.. of course i should, im pissing away money on lunch (and sometimes breakfast) which must cost me $40 a week. Water instead of soft drink ... damn i drink litres of coke zero every week. Sometime it just needs someone (you guys) to state the obvious. Brilliant!!!

As to quitting smoking... i have tried many a time with the cold turkey and i've got to admit it hasnt worked for me. I work in IT and i find that i "need" to walk away from my pc every now and then and a smoke lets me do that... Weak i know but i really think i need help in a drug form.

Rob,

Went through all this years ago- the secret is you need to find something to take the place of having a smoke.

The actual urge for smoking doesn't last long, so you need something to take that away.

I found chewing gum worked and if I felt like a smoke I went and ran up some flights of stairs.

Also after a week or so you will feel like a million dollars and will wonder why the hell you smoked in the first place.

You have kids right? Mate there is enough reason to give the f**king things up