Author Topic: Hashman. Apparantly I suffer from OCD.  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Hashman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
Re: Hashman. Apparantly I suffer from OCD.
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 12:45:22 AM »
Addressing the title of this thread, in other forums I frequent they call it GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) I have suffered this malady in astronomy gear, saxophones and hifi, so far only 2 pinball machines though
haha so i suffer from GAS! sounds about right :)

hi hashman

so did you end up getting the D E Checkpoint pin ??

It was relisted??
no i didnt! the guy was a scammer and the machine was a disgrace! firstly when i get there he says "do you want to turn it on or just grab it?". i obviously tell him i want to check it all out and he begrudgingly  let me. The playfield was a mess. the main ramp was held together by tape, the cab was ok but thats about it.

i turn on the machine... "two balls missing" message. he says "oh that never happens".. sure. So i then spend 15 mins fishing out the two stuck balls in the under playfield tunnel thingy. re start the game..bang they get stuck again even though "it never happens". i realise its just a manky switch and think ok i can fix that and for the price its not too bad. so i start testing the rest of the switches and running the ball by hand everywhere. all this time there are two screaming kids harrasing me and a wife doing the obvious small talk distraction thing who then tells one of the kids that i was there to take it away and fix it. :/

i then realised that all three pop bumpers didnt work. which i noticed he has now added on the relisted ad. cant imagine all the coils going on the bumpers and considering the shocking condition of the playfield and plastics that it wasnt worth the $920 i won it for. offered him $500 and he declined so i walked out.

when i got home i re looked at the pics and realised there is nothing else in the room in the pics. in real life the pin was surround by kids stuff and couches and made the assumption the pics on ebay are from a long time ago. nearly feel like msging the bidders on ebay to warm them.

i have a taxi coming from qld now from an apparent reputable dealer and am picking up my demo man from oscar in the next day or so. :)