Author Topic: Baywatch  (Read 3500 times)

Offline Blktgr74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Baywatch
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2013, 03:10:40 PM »
I'm in Adelaide. I know of a guy that has one locally just got to wait till he gets back from Melbourne.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2013, 11:37:54 AM »
thanks for giving him the voltages swinks.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2013, 04:44:29 PM »
Well it's taken a while but ive gotten dome results. I borrowed a dmd and my dmd is dead as is the dmd driver board. I also have multiple switches out but ill sort that once I get a new dmd. Thanks to all the guys that offered help especially swinks and beaky. At least I know that my voltages are all good for the new dmd.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2013, 08:58:52 PM »
good and bad news

glad you worked it out, beaky maybe able to help with the board and dmd so check with him first before spending big dollars
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
Re: Re: Baywatch
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2013, 12:59:19 PM »
Finally got to put the dmd in this morning and it works a treat. Beaky you are a champ. Top work and if and when I have more board troubles you will be my first port of call cant thank you enough.
Now all I have to do is solve the switch matrix problem and I should be able to have a game.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »
Finally got to put the dmd in this morning and it works a treat. Beaky you are a champ. Top work and if and when I have more board troubles you will be my first port of call cant thank you enough.
Now all I have to do is solve the switch matrix problem and I should be able to have a game.

#*# #*# #*# great to hear and good on you beaky  ^^^

for pinball t-shirts

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2013, 01:48:47 AM »
No problem,
glad it's all sorted
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2013, 01:15:41 PM »
Ok well the dmd is awsome now onto the next problem. In the switch test I have everything but the start, launch, flippers and it says im missing 4 balls ive checked all fuses by removing them and buzzing them with the multi meter. Any ideas where I should look next? Thanks

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »
great to hear about the dmd,

when I did my shop out of baywatch I took photos of everything but didn't take notice of particular alignment. The photo attached shows the removal of the ball advance which lets one ball at a time into the vuk that shots the ball up for the plunger. It has a tiny bit of play which I didn't take notice of and if not placed in the exact location means it will hold all the balls off their ball trough switches. Try adjusting with the switch diagnoses up on the dmd as then you can see when all the switches are on or off. You might not have taken it off but maybe the previous guy did something here.

Hope it helps

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2013, 09:46:32 AM »
Ok well the dmd is awsome now onto the next problem. In the switch test I have everything but the start, launch, flippers and it says im missing 4 balls ive checked all fuses by removing them and buzzing them with the multi meter. Any ideas where I should look next? Thanks

also just thought with the Plunger Button, if you hit the plunger button hard as kids do a few times it push the switch off the button mounting, maybe the Start is similar - try checking the back inside the cabinet.

Are you progressing and solving?

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2013, 11:08:32 AM »
Im struggling for time as we have been very busy with the new shop and I picked up last action hero last week so every time I go into the shed I get stuck playing it. The buttons appear to be clicking on the micro switchs fine and all the balls seem to be engaged on thier switchs. Could it be possible that all the switches that aren't working are all part of one line of the switch matrix?

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2014, 03:30:52 PM »
Well I can now start a game of baywatch however I still have a couple of issues to sort out. First issue is the flippers are continually registering even though the coils aren't energized which makes it very difficult to navigate the menu's.  Second issue is the game starts and goes through the dmd animation till it gets to a point where the sun is on the display the it freezes im assuming that at this point the game should kick out a ball but this doesn't happen. Anyone have any ideas would love to get this game playing finally.  Thanks

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »
Well I can now start a game of baywatch however I still have a couple of issues to sort out. First issue is the flippers are continually registering even though the coils aren't energized which makes it very difficult to navigate the menu's.  Second issue is the game starts and goes through the dmd animation till it gets to a point where the sun is on the display the it freezes im assuming that at this point the game should kick out a ball but this doesn't happen. Anyone have any ideas would love to get this game playing finally.  Thanks

watch my vid to see what happens when the sun comes - a ball is ejected out. There could be a few issues with either the ball trough switches (do a switch test) and then do a test on both coils for the ball advance to the vuk coil that shoots the ball to the shooter lane

as for the flippers, sorry I can't help you on that one - apart from checking the flipper boards that are on the bottom lhs side of the cabinet as certain fuse holders on these boards are known to be hacked / cracked. I had a issue and needed a fuse holder bracket from beaky to solve.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:58:36 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2014, 04:58:09 PM »
Im kind of struggling to do any test because the flippers scroll through the menu's so fast. Ive checked the flipper switches wnd they are open. Ill have to check out the flipper boards once I get home.