Author Topic: Stern - Cosmic Princess  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern - Cosmic Princess
« on: June 13, 2014, 07:43:09 PM »

If the game continually resets the target and is stuck on ball 1, then the ball trough switch might be shorted or mis adjusted. Remove the ball and see if the problem persists.

I just went in and tried this on my own CP and can confirm that this IS how the game will behave if the ball is not being kicked into the shooter lane ( i held the coil plunger so the ball wouldn't kick out, so the ball was just sitting there on the switch). Also just checked the solenoid test, #16 in the solenoid test is the outhole coil and Q16 on the solenoid driver board drives that coil. You could try, with a test lead jumpering its collector (metal tab) to the aluminium ground in the backbox and see if the ball kicks out, if it does it'll rule out the coil itsself and connections between the board and coil as being the problem.

Slightly off topic but i wanted to add, its a great old game when working properly, i also find it pretty amazing that for a low production game there seem to be a few popping up lately.. i notice there are a few members here that have this title.. i have TWO of them @ the moment  :D a keeper and the other is being restored and sold.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:46:09 PM by Mr Pinbologist »