Author Topic: HELP - Gottlieb Volley must be finished by 14th April  (Read 5552 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Thanks for the kind words guys, I'm wrapt with the way it has came out, looks even better in the flesh *%*

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Need some more help, started today, fixed one problem but have another...

None of the 10 point switches, when manually closed do anything, no chime, no score reel movement, the 10 point coil in the back box tested ok but the wrapper has gone brown.

Any ideas where to start????

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Lift up the Pf and close a 10 pt switch.... you should have a 10pt relay bank where the coil should pull in.
Does score motor turn when 10 pt closed?

If 10pt relay dosent pull in then you have an open relay leaf.
If it does and still no luck at the score reels then yopu need to look at the coil with the brown wrapper again. Make sure all relays that should be closed are etc.
Alkso make sure that you have power to the switches themselves and that ground is present

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
When I manually close the 10 point relay in the back box everything that should happen does, the score reel ticks over and the chime works

Thanks Gav, will those check those things after dinner.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
OK - cool.

Pf switches not talking to the back box

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Try cleaning the plugs that connect from the playfield to the  backbox with a wire brush or some wet and dry paper .. could simply be a dirty jones plug ?
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
All sorted, I had been cleaning the plugs yesterday when setting it all up and slightly unseated the smaller plug in the backbox, was sitting in the correct place but not pushed all the way in. Easy fix, thanks for helping guys  ^^^
Everything is working 100% Very Happy!!!!  #*#

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Love an easy fix  ^^^