Author Topic: f14 tomcat issues.  (Read 2028 times)

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
Re: f14 tomcat issues.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 09:59:27 PM »
no idea which one are you talking about have it infront of me
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 10:02:28 PM »
yep,

you guys are right it has SACE STATION U4 SOUND 07B0 what the??
HOS

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 10:03:04 PM »
no idea which one are you talking about have it infront of me

In U4

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 10:08:37 PM »
i ment space not sace.

i did pick this machine up cheap think beaky is going to be scrathing his head with this one.

im virgin when it comes to pinball machines still learning here.

HOS

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »
If your not confident with board repairs best to send the lot off for checking and the repairer can test them on a test bench..

Before you hook them back up, coils need to be tested and other things step by step. If you can find the pin repair guides online they give an excellent step by step guide for a new pin and how to check things without causing damage

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 10:20:04 PM »
yeah both are heading of to beaky on monday.

while i wait im going to try and clean the playfield but i dont want to touch the actual playfield other than quick clean. there is mylar that stands out and also a few inserts are buggered but i dont reall wnat to go that far in cleaning the playfield.

how ever whats the best way to clean the ramps and the legs. i dont have a tumbler handy at all.

also is there any other things i should be looking at before the cpu comes back.

trying to post pics but  it says there to big. im virgin at pinball machines and computers lol...... oh and nearlly failed in english at school very bad speller.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »
oh and also i found these two cables taped up each on there own you can see them just of centre to the right purple and blue other one is blue i think. they have been like this since i bought it.

also the 2.5 amp slow blow has 4 amp fuse in it. i did replace it with a 2.5amp slow blow but it did blow on me so 4 amp is back in any idea what this fuse is for and the 2 cables. ill check out the manual just got to find time thats all.

[attachment deleted by admin]
HOS

Marty Machine

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 11:52:27 PM »
The 2 'taped' wires are the 'knocker' wires that go to the knocker solenoid in the headbox (which is removed, hence why the wires were cut and left hanging).

I'm VERY surprised you're having cpu issues, as i played that machine a LOT and it worked everyday without hassle, obviously the lack of score-display didn't help things).

Anyway, it's in good hands with beaky's touch ;-)

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 09:05:19 AM »
Thanks marty. You are right when i got it home it played but was spitting out extra ball. So when you went to play next ball you couldnt get two up the ramp. After about ten goes it just stopped kicking out any balls. Lights worked going through a sequence and the topper lights do too. Im thinking best thing i do is get it checked any way. Maybe the sound chips are buggered too. Hence i dont have any noise. Also seems to be the wrong chip in there or labeled wrong.
HOS

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
Do not overfuse any circuits . The fuse is meant to blow 1st if there is a problem otherwise you are just going to fry components which is much more of a headache . You need to find out what is causing the 2.5amp SB to blow .. what is it protecting ? ie.. what circuit ?
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 12:08:24 PM »
Yeah im going to follow it back see were it goes.
HOS

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 12:16:59 PM »
Have a read of Nino's restoration threads and there are great tips on cleaning legs and metal parts.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 02:19:19 AM »
If it is spitting out more than one ball usually means that there is a switch / contacts in the ball trough stuck closed so the machine still thinks all the balls are still in there even after it has fired one out.

i will wave my magic wand over your boards and have them working and looking the best that they can.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline jojob

• Forum Posts:
  • canada
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 01:49:17 PM »
when your machine run,if you have problem with switch matrix(tilt problem) change a crc6 resistor network on your cpu.it was my problem on my f14.i search a long time for find this problem...
f 14 tomcat ,atlantis,dungeons and dragons.

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »
Has any body got a belt for topper lights for tomcat. Before i go buy one overseas.
HOS