Author Topic: Most overated Games  (Read 1102 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: Most overated Games
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »
ok  here goes

when i started at child  full time 3 and a bit years ago  ( owned it for near 10years  next month)
i just had to have a addams  and went about getting a gold  .. number 32
what a let down , sold 6 months later

another i had to try ( have)  STNG   well this to me is the worst wide body ... or super pin

ok As for Addams  we sell at least one a month and stng sell faster than we can get them ready
so i guess its all about what you like personally   i say play a pin for enjoyment not for brand or title
pinball is meant to be fun..  now where is my afm or mm  my 2 fav games  and of course JD

mark

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »
hey guys i think mm is the most over rated never owned one but have played 2 different mm machines dident realy grab me
i will have to try again.... DAZ..

From my experience playing MM it is a fine game on a par with others - but the price tag is way too high. Wnough people think it is the BEST pinball ever that the price stays way up there. There are many other solid games that had a much lower production run so the rarity factor isn't huge on this one (unlike Cactus Canyon) so in my opinion it has to be regarded as over-rated.

Is it twice as good as Monster Bash, TAF and the like? I don't think so.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2009, 04:15:30 PM »

Not one EM or SS mentioned !

That's because there really aren't any machines that are overrated, no one buys them anymore to "rate" them, or non one cares  ^&^

I think no EM is overrated - I enjoy all EMs. Some are overpriced (Fireball), but they are great player's games.

SS machines - I think that Black Knight is overrated - especially after playing Swords of Fury. Eight Ball and Evel Knievel are overrated as well. I don't find them as "classic" as other do.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2009, 04:47:21 PM »

Not one EM or SS mentioned !

That's because there really aren't any machines that are overrated, no one buys them anymore to "rate" them, or non one cares  ^&^

I think no EM is overrated - I enjoy all EMs. Some are overpriced (Fireball), but they are great player's games.

SS machines - I think that Black Knight is overrated - especially after playing Swords of Fury. Eight Ball and Evel Knievel are overrated as well. I don't find them as "classic" as other do.

I am not familiar with EMs at all, really, so can't say any are over-rated!

SS machines - well, I know a few including Mousin' Around! and Eight Ball Deluxe (but you know my thoughts on EBD); again, though, my experience with them is limited so hard to say any are especially over-rated.

Offline Red Series 3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2009, 07:53:34 PM »
I really enjoyed reading this thread, I am personally a huge fan of fishtales, I reckon it flows well and doesn't take itself too seriously. A pinny has to have a sense of humour. I recently got to work on Cirqus Voltaire the more i played it the more i enjoyed it.
I kinda think it relates to the designers as they all have quite a distinct style. If you didn't like getaway 2, then sttng is never gonna do it for you. If you liked wcs94 then voltaire will appeal.

I'm not sure why Medieval Madness has become so popular, Ive played a fair bit of it and really enjoy the game. I think the high rating and high prices are ludicrous with some people paying in excess of 10k for an imported example that they haven't seen. Does that make it overated !@# Its a pretty good game that was under-produced but so many titles from the last days of bally williams were. I wouldn't be buying a MM because of the prospect of more coming onto the market.
Overated Pinnys in my eyes would be addams family, but i kinda think that addams has just stayed in the average persons minds more than others which makes it a popular purchase for the single pinny family.
I don't think LoTR deserves to be re produced in a gold version but pinballs seem to be the play toys of the rich and famous with some people having $30,000 worth of pinnys in a games room

Fav Pins Attack from Mars Fishtales Whitewater and scared stiff I'm really drawn to Twilight Zone probably more than the others, but i still haven't played one that was working 100% I really enjoyed WCS94, tspp, cirqus voltaire and medieval madness     

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2009, 08:31:58 PM »
I really enjoyed reading this thread, I am personally a huge fan of fishtales, I reckon it flows well and doesn't take itself too seriously. A pinny has to have a sense of humour. I recently got to work on Cirqus Voltaire the more i played it the more i enjoyed it.
I kinda think it relates to the designers as they all have quite a distinct style. If you didn't like getaway 2, then sttng is never gonna do it for you. If you liked wcs94 then voltaire will appeal.

I'm not sure why Medieval Madness has become so popular, Ive played a fair bit of it and really enjoy the game. I think the high rating and high prices are ludicrous with some people paying in excess of 10k for an imported example that they haven't seen. Does that make it overated !@# Its a pretty good game that was under-produced but so many titles from the last days of bally williams were. I wouldn't be buying a MM because of the prospect of more coming onto the market.
Overated Pinnys in my eyes would be addams family, but i kinda think that addams has just stayed in the average persons minds more than others which makes it a popular purchase for the single pinny family.
I don't think LoTR deserves to be re produced in a gold version but pinballs seem to be the play toys of the rich and famous with some people having $30,000 worth of pinnys in a games room

Fav Pins Attack from Mars Fishtales Whitewater and scared stiff I'm really drawn to Twilight Zone probably more than the others, but i still haven't played one that was working 100% I really enjoyed WCS94, tspp, cirqus voltaire and medieval madness     

Good post  ()