Author Topic: Anyone been in contact with Pinsanity?  (Read 7759 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Anyone been in contact with Pinsanity?
« on: June 01, 2015, 06:25:22 PM »
Just curious, we had contact re a container of pins he was importing, but all quiet.

And I noticed from his profile he hasn't even been active on AP since April 15.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?action=profile;u=33

Hope all is ok.

All good mate. Had a bit of a delay to the original planned schedule as discussed earlier as I decided I wanted to inspect in person first, but it is now in transit and back on track. Managed to organise it around a holiday in Europe at the same time so it has worked out well.

Will keep in touch privately via email. Catching up now on private messages and have just read your PM as well, hope you had a great time in the US.   ^^^

Pinsanity is having a holiday from AP after an unfortunate bit of AP biffo. I hope he comes back too - he was good to me when I joined AP & also seemed to offer a hell of a lot re restoring pins, helping others etc. Get the feeling he doesn't suffer fools gladly which may not have helped...

Thanks andy appreciate the support. Haven't been on the forum for quite some time as I had some other business to attend to overseas as above. Speaking of not suffering fools gladly, I was just skimming back over the old posts from the last six weeks and happened to notice the self-appointed sheriff and a couple of deputies accuse you of being my forum double when you had the "audacity" to offer your own opinion on a subject. Talk about a public failure from the supposed "brains trust" of AP! That's what happens when groupthink mentality overrides independent thought process.

Thanks for the info.
I also have a good story, out of the blue pinsanity suggested to me my IJ had the wrong bumper caps and then offered to post free of charge the correct ones....
I take people as I find them...... ^^^ from me

Thanks, turbo. Most of the help and advice I give I tend to do privately given the cliquish nature of the hobby we have down under but I appreciate your fortitude in making a public acknowledgement of it. More attitudes like yours from SA pinball collectors and less of the ingrained toadyism mindset we have come to expect from some of our other local members can only help to raise the profile of the SA pinball community in a positive way.  ^^^

Gotta say things have been smooth sailing since he went on leave :)

No doubt, but what a boring stagnant hobby it would be if we all took on the role of servile lapdogs grovelling at the feet of arrogant solipsists.

Did see a post from him recently on pinside, hopefully back from vacation soon  ()

Cheers skywalker and thanks for the support.

It was a great trip with at times some difficult decisions that had to be made.... ^^^

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:41:26 PM by pinsanity »