Author Topic: New Getaway Pinball  (Read 1256 times)

Offline k00k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
New Getaway Pinball
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:01:31 PM »
Well, after only thinking of this seriously a week and a half ago, here I am now the proud owner of my first pin, The Getaway. Probably rushed it, probably could have waited for a better price, etc, etc, but the pin is mint, I love it! Love that supercharger! Playfield is in near mint condition as far as I can see, cabinet has a few scrapes here and there, nothing major. Overall, pretty damn good condition. I got it from Joe here in Perth at http://www.amusements4kids.com.au/ , top bloke, very passionate about his machines. Now to work on getting my pinball skills up to speed, haven't played for probably 15 years. My best top score so far is 78million, appalling! Did manage to get multiball going once! Anyone got any links to improving your pinball playing skills? :) Obligatory pics attached...  :D

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: New Getaway Pinball
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »
looks neat, enjoy  ()

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 10:24:45 PM »
Looks pretty smick  ^^^

how much did it cost ya?
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline k00k

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 10:40:45 PM »
$4k flat with delivery, few boxes of spares etc. Not THE best deal I know, but after being offered a few others for not much less money that were in shocking condition, I grabbed it. I noticed a few globes went out last night. Rang Joe this morning, here was here 20 minutes later and fixed it up, looks like they had dry contacts. Overall, I'm very happy  :D

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 10:50:21 PM »

Great choice for a first pin - looks very nice as well !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 11:28:49 PM »
$4k flat with delivery, few boxes of spares etc. Not THE best deal I know, but after being offered a few others for not much less money that were in shocking condition, I grabbed it. I noticed a few globes went out last night. Rang Joe this morning, here was here 20 minutes later and fixed it up, looks like they had dry contacts. Overall, I'm very happy  :D
not a bad price from a dealer. especialy if he has come out free of charge and repaired it for you.
just think if you had bought one of the cheaper pins and you had the same problem and you couldn't fix it yourself, you would pay the difference in repairs.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline k00k

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 11:45:08 PM »
Yeah, he came out free of charge. Said if anything goes wrong or I need any help with anything further down the track, just call and he'll send a tech, or come himself. I think he also see's that I am liable to become a repeat cutomer... :)

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 11:55:47 PM »
Nobody notice the front of this machine?.

appears to be an early production game.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=2951.0

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 12:33:15 AM »
Congrats, and enjoy your game!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 09:09:51 AM »
Yep, cabinet does look to be sample....Playfield has the RPM on the tacho so perhaps its either very late sample...

Have a look in the cabinet at the WMS sticker with serial number....

Great game!

When you get the ball locked and the police cars are at the doughnut shop - if you see 3 cars (up down up) on the shifter and enjoy!

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 09:21:31 AM »
Arrrrrr I see Marty is giving away secrets known only to a select few.

Congratulations
Enjoy the game – it is fast and fun.

Dont forget to get ya rulesheet and tips for it here - http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/1000/getaway.htm

Here are some vidoes that may help you - http://www.pinballreviews.com/videos.htm

'Change Gear'
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:29:21 AM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline swampy76

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 09:26:18 AM »
Congrats on your first pin mate. Probably won't be your last.

My first machine a few years ago was a Getaway. Great soundtracks, good looping shots.

A great game to get your skills improving. By the way, there's a new Pinball DVD going around called Pinball 101. You tube has a trailer for it. It might be a worthwhile purchase to start producing those huge scores we all crave!!

Come to think of it, anyone purchased this DVD? Worth it? Available in OZ?

Enjoy your first pin mate.

Cheers.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 11:04:42 AM »
Well done on your first pin! HS2 is a great game, enjoy!

Offline k00k

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »
Hey thanks for all the positive comments and the links. Plenty there to keep me busy for a while, I will definitely be doing something to try and improve my technique, just had a quick look at those, so heaps to learn already! Will grab that Pinball 101 DVD as well  :)

My serial number is 5004 I855070. Does that mean anything?

Just wondering, the playfield down near the flippers and chute has a very slight haze to it when you get it in the right light, its just wear, scratches etc. Is there anything I can use to just hand polish it out without pulling the whole machine apart. I dont really want to remove anything at this stage, I have no knowledge of pinball workings at all. But wouldn't mind having a go at polishing it up in certain areas just by hand. Is Novus the stuff to use? The pin has the Diamond Plate coating on it. I have a stack of Meguiars polishes/waxes/clay for my car, would any of that be suitable?

Offline swampy76

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 12:57:16 PM »
Hey thanks for all the positive comments and the links. Plenty there to keep me busy for a while, I will definitely be doing something to try and improve my technique, just had a quick look at those, so heaps to learn already! Will grab that Pinball 101 DVD as well  :)

My serial number is 5004 I855070. Does that mean anything?

Just wondering, the playfield down near the flippers and chute has a very slight haze to it when you get it in the right light, its just wear, scratches etc. Is there anything I can use to just hand polish it out without pulling the whole machine apart. I dont really want to remove anything at this stage, I have no knowledge of pinball workings at all. But wouldn't mind having a go at polishing it up in certain areas just by hand. Is Novus the stuff to use? The pin has the Diamond Plate coating on it. I have a stack of Meguiars polishes/waxes/clay for my car, would any of that be suitable?

Yep, you're on the right track. When I shopped my HS2 I used Novus followed by a Meguiars wax. Came up a treat. It will give you that nice deep shine, and combine that with some new pinballs, rubbers etc the gameplay will be smoother and faster. I couldn't believe the difference. Looking forward to doing this to my FT. Here's what the PF looked liked afterwards: