Author Topic: OT.. Anyone know about classic car compliance in QLD???  (Read 5244 times)

Offline guyricho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: OT.. Anyone know about classic car compliance in QLD???
« on: December 30, 2014, 08:52:41 PM »
Thank you guys...if its not that hard to fit seat belts then ill stop stressing over it. Being a convertible of 1961 there are no front seat belts either and I must admit, I don't feel right without one on.
Time to talk to a mechanic me thinks

have a look at your floor most of the 50-60's cars had provisions for seat belts, some cars had it as an option,
You may find it has the mounting points already, if so you wont need to have them engineered.

It is really when you have to make new mounting points you will need it to be engineered.

But really no cop will check to see if you have your seat belts engineered, you would more likely get pulled over for having no seat belts than you would for having seat belts.
As the other poster said it would get rather tiresome being pulled over all the time even if it is legal  #@#

I Had mine checked by an engineer for insurance purpose mostly in case of a crash with some one using my backseats.

warning though it will cost you around $350 for the guy to check and write you a plate.

P.s make sure you buy Aus standard belts or you wont pass the inspection.

Best of luck  ^^^

Regards Rich
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:57:04 PM by guyricho »