Author Topic: Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund!  (Read 1102 times)

Offline zitt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund!
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:05:10 AM »
Saw this on pinside today:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bumper-action-amusements-pty-ltd-in-liquidation
https://creditorwatch.com.au/express/asic/organisation/156229408

Anyone owed money should contact the Liquidator to be added to the unsecured Creditors List

Date of Notice: 31 July 2013

Raymond Anthony Sutcliffe
 Liquidator

Address City Side Serviced Offices, 200-224 Alexandra Parade
 FITZROY VIC 3065
 Contact person Ray Sutcliffe
 Contact number 0394183975
 Facsimile 0394183949
 Email raysutcliffe@csso.com.au

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
This is the biggest f**k up in modern day pinball here in Oz.

I'd be taking a big stick to a few of these guys without any issues  **& **& **& **& **& **& **& **& **& **&
.....something witty here

Offline craig robins

• Forum Posts:
Let me know when you want to do it,l'm in.there all scum. ^.^

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Before a lot of us get our excercise by jumping to conclusions I suggest we wait and see what pans out - the truth might not sit well with some people.

I'm not convinced that 100% of the blame lies with Bumper (in any of its guises).......I don't know this, it's just a gut feeling.

Remember how the JJP employee came on here bagging me out and defending their position??? Funny how they are suddenly totally silent on ALL forums don't you think? Also funny how it is being reported that Jack himself is happily and promptly returning emails and taking phone calls from people who are still placing orders and paying monies yet ignores emails and calls from people who have already paid?? Interesting don't you think?

I believe there will be a lot more to this story than any of us currently know.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Guys, this sort of topic has been played out elsewhere, and threads shut down as they invariably turn to slinging matches between people with interest in the outcome of this debacle - less so people who have lost out, but businesses wanting to slang at each other.

That sort of behaviour will not be allowed, and members engaging in such will be warned and/or suspended depending on the situation.

As much as we all feel for the guys that have likely lost money and/or their game through this mess, we do not want a thread full of opinions over who is right, who is wrong, who should be sued etc.

Anyone wishing to post on this subject should confine their posts to -

1. facts that can be separately verified; and
2. which may be beneficial to members in their endeavors to recover their machine and/or funds.

No opinion pieces on who is right and who is wrong are to be posted from here on please. 
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
A mess all of it, glad I didn't order a WOZ
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
ANY UPDATE ON THIS >

Jack approved the Aussie dealer, JJP shld have been paid all the money by the then owner. If not, why did JJP let it go, or did they.
Jacks an honest guy, so I cant see why these machines wouldn't get sent N delivered by JJP one way or the other.

I don't understand why JJP wouldn't honour these sales/machine orders to keep their name n credibility in Australia.

Why wouldn't JJP have secured the customers money from the then business owner. ?

Hope these WOZ Aussie buyers get looked after.

Anyone have any factual updates. Anyone on here received their WOZ machine from that original melb company or the new owners or from JJP. ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
From what I read on AA, if you bought a WoZ through bumper then you will be kept up to date with proceedings

I don't understand why JJP wouldn't honour these sales/machine orders to keep their name n credibility in Australia.
why would Jack deliver on machines that he has not been paid for?

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:22:56 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
There is a huge thread on pinside covering all this and more.
Good read, I got some giggles out of it.
 ()
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
From what I read on AA, if you bought a WoZ through bumper then you will be kept up to date with proceedings

why would Jack deliver on machines that he has not been paid for?

haven't been on the pinny sites for a good 5 months, so just asking here.

I thought in order for anyone (dealer or joe public) to secure a WOZ machine, they had to meet the payment schedule set by JJP originally, which I would have thought JJP would have chased down very very hard to any person or any orders for their cashflow, dealer or joe public.

Operating a business when insolvent is illegal n these days punishable by jail. So the melb company isn't off the hook unless everyone gets their machines.

Because I don't read AA, has anything good happened on people getting their machines. Sorry but I have been away for 5 months hence me asking n I haven't read all the 45 pages of threads yet ??

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat

I thought in order for anyone (dealer or joe public) to secure a WOZ machine, they had to meet the payment schedule set by JJP originally, which I would have thought JJP would have chased down very very hard to any person or any orders for their cashflow, dealer or joe public.

Operating a business when insolvent is illegal n these days punishable by jail. So the melb company isn't off the hook unless everyone gets their machines.

Because I don't read AA, has anything good happened on people getting their machines. Sorry but I have been away for 5 months hence me asking n I haven't read all the 45 pages of threads yet ??

if you are a part of the legal action against Bumper then you will be kept up to date with proceedings

please remember that a lot of people lost a sizable amount of money over this

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:

maybe you misread my question. I haven't been on the pinny sites for a good 5 months, so just asking here.

Because I don't read AA, has anything good happened on people getting their machines. Sorry but I have been away for 5 months hence me asking n I haven't read all the 45 pages of threads yet ?? I wanted general info, I don't want to ring the liquidator when someone on here might have some info that is relevant n up to date. thanks.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

To save reading the soap opera on pinside, I would suggest contacting the new official distributor for JJP in Australia - Mr Pinball (https://www.facebook.com/MrPinballAustralia).

My understanding is that he is part of a group set up with legal avenues representing the 79 WOZ pre order customers. An affected pre order customer recently told me that no details would be made public at this point.

Until an official decision has been made by the new distributor based on advice with the liquidators and the legal representatives - I would prefer that this topic be left to other forums to speculate on.

As Nick posted in September ;

"Anyone wishing to post on this subject should confine their posts to -

1. facts that can be separately verified; and
2. which may be beneficial to members in their endeavors to recover their machine and/or funds.

No opinion pieces on who is right and who is wrong are to be posted from here on please.  "

If any of the representatives of the legal process wish to make a statement, they can PM either mods and we will be happy to post. We are aware that there is at least one representative that frequents this forum  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Marty Machine

Some of us would appreciate that these kinds of politics are NOT discussed at all on a forum.

*IF* you've pre-paid for WOZ, please contact/negotiate your issues with Bumper, not on forums.

If you only have speculation, guesswork, theories or simply ranting personal griefs from past experiences, then DONT POST ANYTHING.

It's simples....
MM

p.s. i dont represent bumper or any other dealers involved, nor have i ordered a WOZ either.....

Marty Machine

If you didn't order a WOZ, then WHY does it concern you? ..... other than sheer gossip?

This topic should be deleted by now, and there's no need for legal reps to make comment here on behalf of bumper, they should contact customers who ordered a WOZ.

2 cents :-)
MM

maybe you misread my question. I haven't been on the pinny sites for a good 5 months, so just asking here.

Because I don't read AA, has anything good happened on people getting their machines. Sorry but I have been away for 5 months hence me asking n I haven't read all the 45 pages of threads yet ?? I wanted general info, I don't want to ring the liquidator when someone on here might have some info that is relevant n up to date. thanks.