Author Topic: Stern - Godzilla - 2015 - ????????  (Read 463 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Stern - Godzilla - 2015 - ????????
« on: October 05, 2013, 08:32:23 AM »
I know Stern like to play games with people on Facebook but they posted a pic in the last day of Rambo on Godzilla. Godzilla movie is due out in about 222 days  !@# !@# !@# could this be in 2 pins time.

Could be a cool theme, get away from the super hero and band games, yes still a movie pin but a bit of action.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Stern - Godzilla - 2015 - ????????
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 08:43:19 AM »
Won't be able to afford it anyways

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:15:35 PM »
Won't be able to afford it anyways

Haha, very true! I have always said if a Resident Evil pin (movies or games) gets made i will buy one for sure, prices now make me not so sure.

Could be a fight between godzilla and Thunderbirds! interesting themes for 2015 if its true.

Funny how it was well known that after AC/DC that the next pins were going to be X-men, Avengers, Metallica and Star Trek but now no one seems to know what the next pin will be, only guesses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »
Gary Stern says he does not like GREEN coloured pinball machines.
That was a reference to the Sega/Stern 1998 Godzilla pin which only sold apx 500 units apparently ?

The headbox shape was not liked by the public in general and the cabinet art was rushed with no art on the side of the headbox except plain black only n the cab sides were just awful.
BUT the Godzilla game is actually excellent n unique with a excellent playfield n excellent toys n dot matrix action/clips n the audio is great with a excellent shaker motor, plenty of modes etc n a really fun game with bright green well lit ramps n the ball comes flying out of Godzillas mouth during the game. The large molded plastics on the playfield are second to none.

I picked up my Godzilla for apx $2200 a few yrs back n its a keeper.

However, I would bet my real balls that Stern will NOT do another Godzilla pinball. Its seen by most of the USA as being too Japaneese, n Americans arent fond of the japs still after 65 yrs n Godzilla is too Japaneese themed.

Time will tell but I cant see a new Godzilla pin being released again ever for many reasons. I reckon Gary would be opposed to it with bad memories from 1998 still fresh in his calculator $$ profit mind.... 
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Zedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 03:00:31 PM »
Godzilla is the King of all monsters. I would lose my shot for one of these however I won't have the budget or room.

If it happens then I'm gonna have to get a few games.....I'm good for a case of beer and entertaining company!

Z

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 10:03:50 AM »
if u are in QLD n close to gold coast, anyone can pop past n play Godzilla. Only 500 made so not many people have ever played one.

Moving it from storage to my new property real soon cause I just moved house.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 01:32:12 PM »
Good to see you're still alive, Cavey.

Luke from LA Games has a nice Godzilla pinny. He gave it his usual mod treatment and it come up very nice. I've seen a few for sale in the last few months but never played one.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 01:39:56 PM »
Good to see you're still alive, Cavey.

thanks Andy. Been a bit busy that's all. Will do an update post later about my last 5 months of being absent etc.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
I played Luke's Godzilla yesterday at the Budgewoi Coast Hotel and while it wasn't a theme I had to own, I was impressed with the condition, the bling that Luke had put on it (speaker lighting and green trim) and really noticed the shaker motor during the game. It reminded me of something Stern would have released now when looking at it. I don't think anyone would be disappointed if they had that game in their collection.

Cheers!
Adam.