Author Topic: What you guys get for Christmas?  (Read 1844 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
What you guys get for Christmas?
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:38:55 PM »
I got this picture been after it for a while oh and socks and jocks lol

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: What you guys get for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »
Nice. I got the original Wheels magazine with the article. They clicked 140 mph in a GTHO. Phase 3.  Must have been a nice straight stretch of road.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 05:31:57 PM »
Oh, and I got Celebration Day blue ray for Christmas.
What better way to start Boxing Day than watching Zeppelin at the O2 arena, in the comforts of home and cracking up. the volume.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 05:49:40 PM »
I got this and I'm pretty happy with it  #*#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 07:37:32 PM »
I got this picture been after it for a while oh and socks and jocks lol

Heres the real GTHO movie to go with it Pete ! Wait til he gets out of the traffic.....fastest cars start at rear of grid, then its on for young n old !
You better crank up the volume LOUD ! Listen to this thing rev when he can really HO into it....oooooo laaaaaa laaaaaaaa !
Make the screen size the biggest and put ya seat belt on !

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:40:33 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 08:07:45 PM »
Cheers Brett I've seen that video how awesome is it, gee those things had some grunt. A mate had a XB GT when we where younger and that was fun NO traction control then lol

Peter

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 09:23:12 PM »
Good topic Pete,

I got a rare Elivra skull plastic for my EATPM pin from my good wife and kids and my parents got me another tin sign for the shed  $#$
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 10:00:20 PM »
Nice. I got the original Wheels magazine with the article. They clicked 140 mph in a GTHO. Phase 3.  Must have been a nice straight stretch of road.

I want that mag apparently the mag was changed to read 104 for safety reasons is that true?

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »
Good topic Pete,

I got a rare Elivra skull plastic for my EATPM pin from my good wife and kids and my parents got me another tin sign for the shed  $#$

Nice what's the sign say? I'd love a Route 66 sign.

Peter

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 10:42:43 PM »
I will attach a pic of the sign in the next few days Pete.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 12:38:33 AM »

I want that mag apparently the mag was changed to read 104 for safety reasons is that true?

Peter

I need to go through some storage and I will see what I find. I was real passionate with all muscle cars from 1967 to 1973. My favouries were all American Hemis, Cudas, Chargers, Challengers and Aussie E49s. The Aussie Fords were also special to me  because my Dad worked for Ford between 1970 and 1998.

The photo you have prompted some journos and politicians to clamp down on the supercar race between the big 3. The Monaros then went to Toranas, Chargers went from the mighty E49s to the less inspiring E55s and Ford canned the Phase 4 HOs. Apparently 4 were built and only 2 went out, one of which survives with a private collector in Qld. Funny thing was, about 50 of specially built 351 ci V8s were ready for the HOs so Ford decided to plonk them in some Fairlanes. There must have been some guys out there with some hot Fairlanes scratching their heads wondering why their cars had so much grunt.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 12:06:26 PM »
Here's a pic of the retro sign, every shed needs one of these signs imo $&&

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 12:09:18 PM »
Here's a pic of the retro sign, every shed needs one of these signs imo $&&

That's a cool sign love it I better get one.

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »

Peter

I need to go through some storage and I will see what I find. I was real passionate with all muscle cars from 1967 to 1973. My favouries were all American Hemis, Cudas, Chargers, Challengers and Aussie E49s. The Aussie Fords were also special to me  because my Dad worked for Ford between 1970 and 1998.

The photo you have prompted some journos and politicians to clamp down on the supercar race between the big 3. The Monaros then went to Toranas, Chargers went from the mighty E49s to the less inspiring E55s and Ford canned the Phase 4 HOs. Apparently 4 were built and only 2 went out, one of which survives with a private collector in Qld. Funny thing was, about 50 of specially built 351 ci V8s were ready for the HOs so Ford decided to plonk them in some Fairlanes. There must have been some guys out there with some hot Fairlanes scratching their heads wondering why their cars had so much grunt.

My mate years ago had a HX 253 ute and that thing was stupidly fast for a 4.2 V8 we always thought it was a proto type or something special cause it would smoke 350 chevs but without pulling the motor down it was a guessing game so similar to your fairlane story awesome hey imagine having a phase 4 fairlane. Did your dad work on the production line how good watching these sick muscle cars coming down the line.

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
Did your dad work on the production line how good watching these sick muscle cars coming down the line. 

My dad worked at the local Ford dealer at Hurstville. He and one other guy worked in pre-delivery where all the new cars were inspected, tested and accessory fitted prior to buyer taking deliver. The dealer sold about 4 to 10 new cars each week but on some weeks with fleet or police car deliveries, there could be 30+ in a week. In all his time there for almost 30 years, there were many V8s sold but only 2 shakers (HOs), about 30 GTs (2 & 4 door), 5 John Goss specials and 3 Cobras.
He was aware of the race tuned motor Fairlanes but none of the guys knew what the motor serial numbers were - that was a factory guarded secret. It was like a lucky dip for some buyers.
One interesting point my dad made was that the majority of V8 sales in the early 70's were to men in the 40-60 age bracket. Most younger blokes bought older Holden and Fords as they could not afford new V8s and credit was only known as a free game in the pinball parlour and not a piece of plastic or bank loan. If you look at V8 sales today, I would say that more than half would be in the 20-40 age group. How times have changed.