Author Topic: Pinball shed stash  (Read 5189 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Pinball shed stash
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:19:12 PM »
Thanks for all the comments - glad you guys appreciate it and hopefully it encourages others to keep their eyes and ears open all the time to save some more machines.

So i had a day putting them all on legs and having a quick run over most of them.

Negatives:

Missing a few transformers
About 8 cabinet bases need replacing
About 6 cabinets need replacing
A few boards and DMD's missing, but not too many
Creature ramps have all completely melted, must have been in the sun
A few translites missing
They stink

So i decided to get into them - remembering this is what they all looked like....

So imagine my surprise when i took the translites off and saw this on a few of them

Some of the boards look fantastic - many have acid damage on the CPU, but some don't, and all the rest of the boards look to be very clean.

So pulled the glass off - this was a big effort on most as years of possum crap and other substances had 'glued' the glass in the siderails - had to drill all the locks out as well

The playfields are filthy but in VERY VERY good condition - Dr Who has no wear or insert outlining at all, Addams has minor wear on a couple of mansion inserts, both the TZs are pretty much spot on as well.

I am absolutely stoked with this, as well as the fact that all playfield components seem to be intact and ramp flaps seem to be the worst for rust.  A couple of the machines are worse with rust on the habitrails and other parts, but most have minimal surface rust on the internal metal bits. Can't see any signs of moisture on the playfields or warping either.

So i reckon i've done pretty well - but also have a lot of work ahead.  In order to get some of them functioning, it will require a new or donor cabinet - if anyone has plans for cabinets, please let me know!!

I'll do resto threads where i can, but i did tinker with Addams today and after a lot of testing, repairing boards and checking got it to fire up and start a game with no obvious errors, so pretty happy there!