Author Topic: Pinball shed stash  (Read 5189 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Pinball shed stash
« on: December 13, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »
RobM,.......Mate, ONE OF THE BEST EVER THREADS/POSTS I HAVE EVER SEEN ON AUSSIE PINBALL EVER !

CONGRATULATIONS X 1 MILLION.

The only thing I am confused about is did u end up with 12 machines total, and was the final cost 5 grand...is that what the end result was ?  !@# !@#

Cost of purchase was under $5k - many people thought they were past it and close to worthless, but with TAF going now, i only need to sell one or two machines to cover the cost plus some repairs.  That said, most of the other machines require serious cash dropped in them, plus many many hours as well as fairly significant board work/wiring in many cases - some have no cab base or transformer and cables just hanging there.

If anyone has plans drawn up for CNC cutting of cabinets i would be most grateful, or a source that can do them cheap as i will prob need at least 6 new cabs.

I know up here in QLD, I once took a pinball cabinet to a kitchen manufacturing company and said can u guys make me a identical wooden cabinet....and if u dont want to screw n glue it together, just pull my example cabinet apart, copy each wooden piece and keep the dimensions n sizes etc in memory for next time....they make anything and everything and have 20 types of wood...kitchen places are the absolute best places to get a cabinet made/copied for not too much money....

try a kitchen place to get 6 x cabinets made and u can put the flatpack pieces together yourself to save on labour.....normal woodworking/cabinet maker places want far too much labour and charge too much for the wood...kitchen places are high volume cutting/high volume wood stockists, and are accustomed to doing weird n wonderful jobs very quickly for tight deadlines....hope it helps.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !