Author Topic: Gary Stern coming to Sydney - 9th Dec  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Gary Stern coming to Sydney - 9th Dec
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 12:05:44 AM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:35:36 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 05:49:52 PM »

as for JJP not having price variants or not enough models,  have you ever thought that maybe JJP are a Porsche and Stern is just a pov pack commodore?
it seems to me they might be a high end pinball maker,

Funny you should say that I was thinking that the other day, basic commodore (PRO), SS Commodore (PREMIUM), HSV Commodore (LE), Barina (THE home 'toy' PIN)  :lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 07:33:32 PM »
Gary Stern would love the fact that we are all talking more n more about new pinball machines....
The question is, to get the JJP fans blood flowing, is - does a JJP WOZ play any better than a new Stern Pro.....

A base model commodore with the biggest V8 u can buy from factory with $36,000 will still do 240 klms per hour easy and still keep climbing out with long legs.......same as base model ford ordered with 5.4 litre...its a missile...., and the base models with the big V8's get their quick, probably 80 -90 percent as quick as a Porsche does the same job, but the Porsche is 200 grand...more money does not always equal better value for money....

The Pro is like the base model of a commodore or a Ford, but like these 2 cars, u get alot for your base money purchase...the entry level pinball, like the entry level Ford or Holden, always represents absolute value for money...designed that way to attract the masses for volume sales, with the HSV or GT models (like the LE pinball) being the creme profit for the company....

Pinballs are like cars to us guys, something cool to look at, listen to and show off.....shame ya cant drag race ya new Stern at the lights.lol

My Pro versus your JJP.....line them up.......quarter mile.....first one to lose a ball loses.lol  %.% %.% %.% %.% %.%
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:35:21 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 12:24:06 AM »
I am not going for any gotcha moments and I do read every word of everyones posts. I did understand the good points u did make.

For interest, I have always ordered my company Ford vehicles with the V8 in the base model cause I have always wanted the ride of a std car with comfy luxury ride, with the look of a std car, and the grunt of the XRV8 etc without lower profile tyres or stripes etc or the overly done stripey interiors. You just have to pay the extra 3 or 4 grand to get a factory order with the V8 option...done it many times. In fact, thats exactly how the cops order most of the time etc, and most times my dealerships have just done the same spec order without any issues at all.

Ford has always accomodated such requests, and alot of people do it...you end up with a sleeper missile...sometimes they bring one out without you even having to specially order and call it a SR for the same price as the base model just to move the stock and it comes with either the 6 or the 8.
Most dealerships are always willing to accomodate if u hand over the money.

I hope Gary Stern comes back to Australia again, it shows he cares about our market for him to fly all the way around the world just to see Bruce from AMD and suppoort our AC/DC National competition etc.
Maybe Jack from JJP will do something similar as well when the time is right. That would also be a positive thing as well.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 01:07:34 AM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:35:06 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2012, 02:01:08 AM »
Hey Brett I read somewhere maybe here that when asked about a Metallica pinball Gary didn't know what to say! On pinside there saying that's one of the next titles gee I hope so thats an awesome title.

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2012, 02:11:24 AM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:34:51 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2012, 04:05:36 AM »
Pete, havent heard anything, not sure if Stern will do another band pinny so soon after AC/DC, I think they want to keep selling alot more of that model and will string that model out n every sale they can with it. Making a new band/music pinball might interupt the sales and flow of getting more of those AC/DC models out the door. They are still selling the Pro and Premium models steadily n well in most markets according to my Stern scources. I would be surprised if Stern do another band pinny within the next 2 yrs. Perhaps Gary was wondering who Metallica was.lol   That i think would be more like it.

OlivJ, u asked me what model base car comes with a V8, I answered you. I dont want to debate anything with anyone, espescially if they seem to get upset at my posts or answers. Just a discussion is fine, no need for unhappy debates. Perhaps I will not make any comment or reference to anything u post so there is no lost in translation issues. Maybe you may wish to do the same with my posts. Perhaps u could send me a PM if u want any clarrification. Lets keep this place fun. No need for WTF questions.

Back on topic, I wonder if anyone took a video of Garys talk in Sydney ? 

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2012, 05:58:26 AM »
+1 on a video source of Gary's talk

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2012, 07:49:16 AM »
Gary did state at the beginning of his talk that he would not answer any questions in relation to any future games, so no direct glues on next games.

There was rumour of a Superman (another Super Heros  %.%) with Steve Ritchie heading the design but in saying that Star Trek was also another rumour that he was doing but no idea when.

I did set the camera to do a few 3 minute videos but the resolution and sound was poor hence I didn't post it. Sorry guys.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2012, 08:45:21 AM »
Metallica, KISS, Star Trek ,Superman , there's some great titles there hey for a pinball whether you like stern or not and for the record I like stern it's a great time for pinball, I've never been so excited about what's out next and include Jack in this with his new games and 2013 going to be a great year for our hobby. Theres new machines coming out for most peoples tastes which is great and at an affordable price and with the pro its giving people who normally couldn't buy a new one the chance to get a NIB.  I reckon stern got it right there's a model range that suites most omega right through to caprice lol and with all the mods around you can personalise the pro with some cheap options to suite your tastes if every machine they sold was $8500 I couldn't afford one but with prices around 6k like I just paid for Tron for me it makes it affordable. Stern may not be innovators but they have kept pinball alive when the rest buggered off so for that I'm a supporter and will continue to support them.

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2012, 10:51:30 AM »
Gary stern's convention helped a blind man see again, and he cured me of cancer  <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:34:33 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »
Keep on posting Brett you add alot to this forum and have helped me with several things which I appreciate, some here like to throw insults but you never retaliate or go to that level so well done. You have the "runs on the board" have some nice NIB machines and you enjoy Stern games that's great like me.

Peter ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2012, 12:59:32 PM »
Its all good.  ^^^ Thankyou.

I wonder what pinball machines Gary Stern has at his place, or if he has none at all....sort of like taking his work home with him.lol

But surely he would have a mad gamesroom full of nice Sterns......next question to ask the man when i visit the USA....or maybe a email.lol