Author Topic: Business accounting software  (Read 1257 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Business accounting software
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 11:19:30 AM »
Thanks every one
Glad to see nobody  suggesting that I use the online prograns

Seems myob is the go,

Definitely worth spending time talking to them first, to make sure its the right option for you.  Generally their consultants have a good understanding of accounting practices.

As for the cloud solutions....I'm not sold on this for accounting / book keeping stuff.  If customer details got out / leaked you would be in the firing line first.
As long as you password protect your MYOB company file (or which ever program you end up with) is first level protection.
Obviously is someone was to steal your computer, the data would be on it but a complex password will slow them down and shows due care has been taken.

The good thing about MYOB is that it pretty much forces you to do a backup everytime you shut it down.  A friend I help setup has a two stage backup.  An external hard drive is connected to the computer and does a backup every morning.  He has a USB drive that backs up the MYOB file when he closes out each night and takes that home with him.  That way if the computer / backup hard drive are lost there is still a copy at home.

Local storage (ie hard drives) will be a thing of the past in the next few years.  Cloud storage is taking over and certainly has its advantages, but time will tell.