Author Topic: Jurassic park help  (Read 145 times)

Offline pritch33

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Jurassic park help
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »
First of Hi all.
I have a Jurassic park pinball that I had for a couple of years and although a little ruff I do enjoy it. My problem is that the lower set of lights on my backboard do not light up and never have and it has finally got the better of me and I would like to fix it, So this weekend I worked up  a little courage and decided to take a look. I traced  the wire back to the ppb/driver board 520-5021-00 rev A. Fuses are all ok although I believe 3 are the wrong type (quick blow) but correct amps but in checking things out I discovered that one or two of the  fuse holders are getting very and that the voltage that runs the lower lights barley managed to move the needle on my multimeter. I have removed the board to take a better look even though I don't really no what I am looking at and for its age was surprised that it looks pretty good visually. there is a little heat burn on f2,f3and f4. So my options are buy new/second hand board, try and fix with hopefully some help from here or get it professionally done. looked online and only found boards overseas. try and fix, is it a difficult task for someone who has never done this before or professionally done I would like recommendation's and prefer someone northern suburbs Melbourne and prefer to just take the board to them.

Thanks
Ray

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Jurassic park help
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:48:37 PM »
Hi Ray,

The fuse holders are a common fault on most Data East games as they fatigue.

I wouldn't look at buying another board, as you may purchase one with the same fault! 

Although, it may not be the cause of the G.I / lamp fault.

Check out the sponsors on here, this type of board repair is fairly straight forward.  There are a couple of guys in Melb and NSW which are great to deal with.

Keep in mind there are other boards (like your power supply and the flipper board in the cabinet) which may need the fuse holders done at the same time (if they haven't already been done).

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:28:01 PM »
I'm in the Northern suburbs and if you send me the board I'll get it done for you. Just send a PM !

As pointed out, the flipper board (in the main cabinet, left hand side) will most likely have fatigued fuse clips as well.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pritch33

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 08:04:26 AM »
Thanks Guys.
Strangeways I will be in touch. your not that far from me so should be good and I will check out the other the boards.
The ones in the backboard look good but will take a better look, as for cabinet ones I have not checked but will do so.

Thanks
Ray