Aussie Pinball Forums > General Mods

BR mod to give coils more punch

(1/4) > >>

Extra Ball:
My DaC came has its flippers, and pop bumpers modded to give extra power. The ball really flys around on this machine. The guy said he got the info from the net somewhere. Here is a pic:

Strangeways:

Simply converts the AC to DC for the coil. I've never seen anything like this before, Greg !

Simply "high tapping" the transformer would have done the same thing, but EMs should be left as "factory" as possible.

Maybe I'm just "too old"  #@# - But I'm not a fan of this mod

:2cents:

Ric:
i will post pics of my Big Brave soon - it appears that each coil has been high tapped individually - never seen anything like it before - and will be asking for everyone's help on how to fix it - I am leaning towards replacing all the coils

Extra Ball:
Cant say I am over the moon about it either, but it works great.

Strangeways:

--- Quote from: Extra Ball on June 05, 2009, 02:34:16 PM ---Cant say I am over the moon about it either, but it works great.

--- End quote ---

%.%

Yes - it is a bit strange. I was wondering if they are the correct coils ?

What really worries me with these mods (and high tapping transformers), is that all the moving parts become more powerful, but the plastics do not become stronger ! The only reason I can think of making a flipper mod - the wrong coils, or the previous owner wanted stronger flippers. I would have tried rebuilding the flippers first !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version