Author Topic: General questions about Getaway-  (Read 939 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: General questions about Getaway-
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 12:52:33 AM »
hmmmm

yes it came from me too ...

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 08:49:56 AM »
Bit of TLC and patience and you'll have it looking like new.

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »
now now I should be fair, it is not that bad at all, just taking the piss out of Mark. Once the mylar and new decals go on it will look shmick.

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 04:29:42 PM »
Hey guys just a few questions about the machine, damm getaway it is really testing me.

1.) The balls don't seem to go into the shooter whole straightaway, i.e it takes it about 3 attemps before it comes out of the outhole. All the switches work fine in the test. The problem is eratic, that is sometimes it comes out on the first attemp sometimes it does not, it seems to come out then go straight back in, any suggestions.

2.) Marty you might be able to reply to this, I tried taking off an insert from the playfield, but it took ages, it seems that the inserts just flake off when you scrape them. Is there something that I am missing out on, or an easier way of getting them off. At this rate, it will take a year the replace every insert.

Cheers

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 04:46:51 PM »
Hey guys just a few questions about the machine, damm getaway it is really testing me.

1.) The balls don't seem to go into the shooter whole straightaway, i.e it takes it about 3 attemps before it comes out of the outhole. All the switches work fine in the test. The problem is eratic, that is sometimes it comes out on the first attemp sometimes it does not, it seems to come out then go straight back in, any suggestions.

2.) Marty you might be able to reply to this, I tried taking off an insert from the playfield, but it took ages, it seems that the inserts just flake off when you scrape them. Is there something that I am missing out on, or an easier way of getting them off. At this rate, it will take a year the replace every insert.

Cheers

I'll have a look at mine re the outhole.  I think it will just need a tweak for adjustment.  Re the decals, I think I spent about two days in total on T2 (about 10hrs per day)...I had some which flaked off in tiny bits and others that came off perfectly in about 5 seconds!...It is a time consuming job, but do it well and your playfield will look like new.  Don't rush and risk scratching the plastic or diamondcoat...

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »
OK...Here is a pic of mine.

How does the kicker feel when you move it manually?  Is it binding at all or feel like it has resistance?

Can you measure the OHM of coil for me too..

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 05:41:05 PM »
What do you mean by measuring the ohm coil?

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 05:44:05 PM »
Sorry mate I should have explained that better.

Have you got a Digital Multimeter?  You need to set it to OHM (looks like the Omega symbol)...With machine powered off and unplugged put a probe on each lug of the coil and just note the reading.  It may take a few seconds depending on your DMM....

How does the kicker feel by hand?  I think from memory there is a switch with a wireform that launches the kicker.  Just check that too...

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 12:47:01 PM »
The kicker feels fine, no resistance at all. The guys at Childs told me to bend the pin becasue they get out of allignment. It seems like it is kicking out with too much power making the ball bounce back. I have tried adjusting it, but nothing.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »
The kicker feels fine, no resistance at all. The guys at Childs told me to bend the pin becasue they get out of allignment. It seems like it is kicking out with too much power making the ball bounce back. I have tried adjusting it, but nothing.

I bent mine, it helped most of the time but I had to resort to sticking a 3mm wide x 20mm long strip of mylar beside the kickout (well actually 2 pieces one on top of the other) this solved the problem for me and is not noticeable.
The only other alternate in to go for a less powerful coil

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »
Thanks guys.

I have bent mine now and sort of worked out how it all works. It works ok for now, I think I will have to wedge something in between mine like you did with yours KTM.

Cheers

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 05:05:20 PM »
Thanks guys.

I have bent mine now and sort of worked out how it all works. It works ok for now, I think I will have to wedge something in between mine like you did with yours KTM.

Cheers

After I bent it, it all worked fine, except when trying to spit the 3rd ball out for multiball.  The reason for this is there is no more balls left in the trough to push against.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 05:53:04 PM »
Thanks guys.

Cheers

Can you post a clear pic from the top - as to what the actual metal wireform for the switch looks like?

Reason being - on my outlane obviously an op years ago had put a replacement switch in (different wireform) which had the big kink (if this makes sense) around the wrong way.  It was messing up the timing causing the kickback to double fire too.  May be as simple as replacing that?

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
Hey Marty here are the pictures, I hope they are ok. I just had another game now and it was all cool.

Out of curiosity, when I get to Muliball, I get two balls coming out of the lock at once, is there anything I can there?

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »
The switch in the shooter lane is for the up/down trigger to shoot.  My understanding is you'll find two switches at the end of the trough (these are the larger microswitches).  I reckon these may need a tweak (or replacing)...These get hammered all the time so always a good idea to do this.  You can just replace the switch and reuse the old blade if its not bent out of shape...

Re the balls coming out of the lock..Do you mean from the wire ramp on r/h/s?  If so I remember reading a fix for this on RGP...I'll see if I can find it.