Author Topic: General questions about Getaway-  (Read 938 times)

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
Re: General questions about Getaway-
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 06:58:06 PM »
How did you go with the game spitting out two balls at a time in stead of one at a time?

I have bent the pin which has fixed the problem for now, but evetually I will have to replace the unit by the looks of it.

Cheers

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 07:01:05 PM »
I wasn't 100% sure what area you meant.  When locking two balls on r/h/s ramp, the rod is letting two balls come down at once or are two balls coming out of the trough into shooter lane?

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 07:05:41 PM »
Yeah two balls are coming down at once from the RHS ramp when the pin drops.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »
Yeah two balls are coming down at once from the RHS ramp when the pin drops.

OK..

1stly check correct coil - should be AE-26-1200.
2nd - check actual assembly is secured to underside of playfield (ie not loose).
3rd - most likely the coil sleeve is dirty / worn.  Not sure if you've seen one before.  Its a consumable part of the coils and need changing every so often.  I would advise to replace rather than clean.
They are only about $1.00 or so. 
The part number is 03-7066-3.  Either RTBB or Mark should have them. 

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 03:43:22 PM »
Sweet. I have bought the inserts from Classicarcades. He said he is going to include a shft year decal for the front of the machine free of charge as well..

1.) once I have peeled off the old insert, what do you recommend to clean the residue off, something like goo remover? Then I imagine you just stick the new one on yeah?
2.) any advice on how to put on this shift gear decal for the front of the cab?

Cheers

I have used Shellite with a very clean cloth to clean inserts.  I've also given them a clean with novus 3 then novus 2 then shellite again or isocol alcohol before decal.  The novus is used to remove any scratches from insert, but must be cleaned off before decal installation.

Are you planning on mylaring over the area once finished?  Post a couple of pics if you can.

Re the shifter...Four bolts from the inside of the cab.  Just photograph and label wiring carefully before removal.  Decal is installed onto the metal plate front.  That is an easy job!

Hey Marty where do you get Shellite from. I tried doing one insert and it just seemed to be scatching so I was afraid of scratching the playfield.

There has to be a way or something to put down to clean off the old decal? Please help !!! Unless you want to pick my playfield up and do it for me. Of course I can pay you.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 09:29:39 PM »
Sweet. I have bought the inserts from Classicarcades. He said he is going to include a shft year decal for the front of the machine free of charge as well..

1.) once I have peeled off the old insert, what do you recommend to clean the residue off, something like goo remover? Then I imagine you just stick the new one on yeah?
2.) any advice on how to put on this shift gear decal for the front of the cab?

Cheers

I have used Shellite with a very clean cloth to clean inserts.  I've also given them a clean with novus 3 then novus 2 then shellite again or isocol alcohol before decal.  The novus is used to remove any scratches from insert, but must be cleaned off before decal installation.

Are you planning on mylaring over the area once finished?  Post a couple of pics if you can.

Re the shifter...Four bolts from the inside of the cab.  Just photograph and label wiring carefully before removal.  Decal is installed onto the metal plate front.  That is an easy job!

Hey Marty where do you get Shellite from. I tried doing one insert and it just seemed to be scatching so I was afraid of scratching the playfield.

There has to be a way or something to put down to clean off the old decal? Please help !!! Unless you want to pick my playfield up and do it for me. Of course I can pay you.

Shellite you can get from Bunnings no probs (in the paint n bits section)... From memory I used some orange goo remover stuff (can't remember brand)(on a rag), clean then shellite.  You've gotta be careful not to scratch the insert...But a good buff with novus 3 then 2 should remove any light scratching...

Just take your time and only do the ones which need doing!  Post or PM me a pic of the one giving you grief!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 09:31:39 PM by MartyJ »

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 10:00:04 PM »
Thanks Marty, I will have a look. P.S any luck with the pic of the knocker?

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »
Thanks Marty, I will have a look. P.S any luck with the pic of the knocker?

Sorry mate been a bit busy lately......Will do tomorrow night for you.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 08:23:08 PM »
I searched high and low and couldn't find a spare for you sorry.  I thought I had one but its hiding.

Anyway couple of pics attached of mine.

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »
Thanks for the image Marty. Sorry for the late response. I did get one and have installed it. Far easier then what I expected. Another thing to add to me limited list of skills. Hehe.