Author Topic: Gottlieb King Pin  (Read 975 times)

Offline massappeal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Gottlieb King Pin
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 05:03:22 PM »
"Looks that the relay is being powered from a voltage supply elswhere after start up. When pushing the left kicker switch and the 'I' relay staying powered, it seems it does not operate the kick out solenoid or the score motor. Is this correct?"

Yes that is correct. 

I will do what you have said and post the results.  I take it I would need a multimeter to record voltages?

Thanks for you help

Offline justwedgeheads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 05:28:07 PM »
Schematic

Offline massappeal

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
Thanks for that.  Is that the whole thing?

Cheers

Offline justwedgeheads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 05:51:35 PM »
No,only the section with hole kickers.Just looking again it may be worth looking at the alternating relay"Q"under playfield in centre, relay on right as you play machine.Right hole kicker switch blue/black wire to same on "Q"and left hole kicker switch orange/black to same on "Q"

Offline massappeal

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 05:55:46 PM »
Are all the switches on "Q" meant to be open?

Offline justwedgeheads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »
"Q"relay has 1 normally closed and 5 make/break switches.

Offline massappeal

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
Thanks, but I'm confused!  The "Q" bank does nothing that I can see when either of the kickers are engaged.  I don't know much about reading schematics I'm sorry.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »
Looking at the 1st schematic attachment I don't see Q relay /switches are part of the circuit between the hole kicker switches and I relay. Will have to leave it to Ian to help you with reading the schematic as he has the whole thing in front of him.
It is an interesting fault though  . Nice looking machine by the way.

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »
Only other suggestion is what Ian already mentioned .. to check /compare the 2 switches on Q relay that connect to kicker switches.

Q relay switch with Brown/white wire on one side and Blue black wire on other side connects to right kicker switch
Q relay switch with Brown/white wire on one side and Orange black wire on other side  connects to left kicker switch.

Both switches will be open one way (either with relay operated or not) and closed the other. You just need to check that both those switches are doing that , but I am not sure that is the problem . From the parts of the schematic Ian has posted, this is the only part where those 2 kicker switches are not operating in parallel

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline massappeal

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »
I have noticed that the kicker hole engages 2 switches.  The 1st click triggers "I" and closes them.  The 2nd click seems to fire "I" and trigger "C".  The right kicker does this correctly, but the left does not have the 2nd click that triggers "C".  Don't know if knowing that helps the issue at all?

Cheers

Offline justwedgeheads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »
Can you post close photos of left and right hole switches in normal state and with a ball sitting on switches.These holes should alternate "Q" during play between 500 and 5000.The left hole works prior to starting game so there isn't a physical issue with that switch

Offline massappeal

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 09:08:18 PM »
Cool.  I'll go take the pics now.  I just took some pics of "Q".  There is a green wire that looks aftermarket to me.  Anyway, if u don't mind having a look, that'd be great!

Offline massappeal

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »
and this

Offline massappeal

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 09:13:58 PM »
Do I take the pictures from below or over the playfield?  Sorry for my confusion!

Offline justwedgeheads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 10:14:12 PM »
Take them side on of the switch blades.Wiring looks the same as my "Q"relay.You will need to release the relay via the hairpin to view all the switches and  move the white actuator to replicate what the coil does and check that all those switches change state
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:22:37 PM by justwedgeheads »