Author Topic: CHARLIES ANGELS COFFEE TABLE  (Read 1557 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
CHARLIES ANGELS COFFEE TABLE
« on: March 12, 2009, 07:57:15 PM »
Hi
      Ive found all the photos of my charlies angels coffee table rebuild and thought id share em before the get lost into the pile again.  Its not really a restore but wasnt sure where else to post it.
   This had been a long time project of mine i picked up the playfield from a pile of old pinball and arcade rubbish in a warehouse in melbourne that i was buying a heap of pinballs and arcade games from over 5 years ago now was almost complete and to good to go to the tip so i tucked it onto the ute.  Had always wanted to do a coffee table so when i snagged charlies angels that was the only thing i was ever going to do with it.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: CHARLIES ANGELS COFFEE TABLE
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 07:59:39 PM »

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:02:27 PM »
wow definately in good nic after a wax. Did you finish it? i also have an extra playfield that i want to make into a coffee table one day so keep it coming  $#$

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:12:46 PM »
I wanted to use the original style lockdown bars so i kept an eye out on ebay i found 1 but never found another one until a visit to you guessed it Mark c.  When i asked mark if he had one i told him what for and he said be had something that might interest me and yes he was right (SORRY GEOFF) A small set of pinball legs absolutely perfect so i took them home and started the cabinet.  Just made it up out of MDF used an original Lockdown bar mech to hold the front end just like a real machine.  Once i had the cabinet made i had some new side rails pressed up as i didnt want the button holes.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
Then came the Artwork after prepping the box and giving it a coat of gloss white. I edited a photo of a charlies pinball side.  Squared it up and resized it to the size of the box and printed it out and made a stencil of the girls. The rest was masked and masked.  Got the apprentice involved look at that concentration....

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »
After all that gave it a few coats of gloss clear and put it all back together.  Im very happy with it but sadly i have no room so it lives tucked away under Riviera.  Im going to set it up so that the playfield flashes but thats a later project

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »
Nice job,  That has come up great.  How many hours goes into something like that?  Wouldn't mind doing something like this myself one day.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 09:15:03 PM »
No idea how many hours prep was a killer but know i know how it wouldn't be to hard an easier way to make one is to cut up an old pinball cabinet like these

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »
I take it that this playfield looks better than it plays? It has certainly come up well as a coffee table.

A coffee table is an interesting idea but I am not sure I could do it myself. I would still rather have the pin, or hand the playfield over to someone who needs it for their pin.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 09:45:27 PM »

my little legs ......  we had planned to put them on a pin for GREG   but at least now I see they have gone to good use

and again another one of my old cabinets LOL

not telling you I have another dozen or so to list  next month    no you cant look at them  and no i wont let you out back friday unless  you bring JW

i can always be bribed ..... $&&

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 10:01:15 PM »
I understand what you mean ajlaird but when i got this playfield it was in a rubbish heap destined for the tip and yes id love to own the whole machine.  Id better not tell you i have a Bobby ore powerplay, phoenix, mata hari, jack in the box and fast draw either hanging on the wall or ready to be hung once i get a wall.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 10:17:50 PM »
Mate, I don't mind other people doing it (and I can understand why they do), just don't think I could bring myself to make something out of a playfield!

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 10:18:43 PM »
I understand what you mean ajlaird but when i got this playfield it was in a rubbish heap destined for the tip and yes id love to own the whole machine.  Id better not tell you i have a Bobby ore powerplay, phoenix, mata hari, jack in the box and fast draw either hanging on the wall or ready to be hung once i get a wall.

AND ..... come on  own up     tell them the real good one  you have

now get her back on the road

I will be down geelong soon ......  

you will see the red lights right behind me  *)*

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 10:21:38 PM »
Mate, I don't mind other people doing it (and I can understand why they do), just don't think I could bring myself to make something out of a playfield!

Andrew ,  some the cabinets Daniel has brought from me really should have gone to the tip  ,  I will show you that rocky I have  poor thing has been sitting in water for like 10 PLUS years   the cabinet is stuffed   but I will make a new one and save it   and NO its not for sale  before anyone asks .....  one rocky isnt enough for me

when we got those 125 oldies   we had  only 80 odd matching heads and cabinets   so we ahd heaps of odd bod bits , I am sad to see them wrecked but better that and be made into something than the tip i guess

mark

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 11:52:01 PM »

Andrew ,  some the cabinets Daniel has brought from me really should have gone to the tip  ,  I will show you that rocky I have  poor thing has been sitting in water for like 10 PLUS years   the cabinet is stuffed   but I will make a new one and save it   and NO its not for sale  before anyone asks .....  one rocky isnt enough for me

when we got those 125 oldies   we had  only 80 odd matching heads and cabinets   so we ahd heaps of odd bod bits , I am sad to see them wrecked but better that and be made into something than the tip i guess

mark

Yeah, better saved than off to the tip.