Author Topic: Whirlwind Restoration  (Read 19446 times)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Whirlwind Restoration
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2020, 02:56:16 PM »

Small update and a question.

Just the ramp lift mechanism and cellar scoops to attach and I can reattach the wiring harness and the bottom should be done.  The wiring harness will test me to see how good my photos are when reconnecting everything!!!  I also made the decision to replace all the lamp holders with new ones.  I was originally going to go with the old ones then decided I was being slack and should change them also.  I have to admit they look a lot better than the old ones for the small $$'s involved.  I also put LED's in.

My progress got delayed as half my ramp lift mechanism was missing from my game when I got it.  So I had to order a number of parts from Marco's and it arrived in Oz on the 18 April then sat in Sydney until this week when it was delivered.  This leads me to my question since I don't have reference photos to go off as the part was missing. Where does the residual armature tab get attached?  My understanding is it gets shipped flat as per the photo and then I bend the two end tabs.  My question is does it go in between the coil and the metal tab (first pic) or does it go on the other side (second pic).  My guess is it should go between the coil and metal tab?  The pic in the manual does show that residual tab placement.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 02:57:55 PM by Slash »