Author Topic: Howdy to All  (Read 1194 times)

Offline dj10555

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Howdy to All
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 11:32:33 PM »
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum.

regards Derek

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 10:00:57 PM »
 $.$ Mark and  %)% plenty of good folk round these here parts ()
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 02:06:09 PM »
Hi Mark, and  %)%

Offline Docpinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »
 $.$ Welcome Mark.  It's all pinball here mate.   :D

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 06:09:10 PM »
Yes Mark,

The Blue Chip in Mike's second book was originally mine....check out the centre plastic which gives it away.

I traded the game with Michael, who then traded it to Scott Grey, who sold it to the person you bought it off!

Ouch, I have since replaced the centre plastic.

I love this history... Do pinballs have unique serials that can be tracked?

Gday Mark .. I'm the guy who sold you your Blue Chip via Ebay a couple of years ago.
Just wanted to clarify that the Blue Chip  you have has the playfield, plastic set and back glass that was from the game Tony owned some years ago but the cabinet is from a different machine.
I have the cabinet that was originally Tony's machine, (with the PF, plastics set and backglass from the 2nd machine ). 
About 6 months after I bought the game Tony used to own, I bought a second Blue Chip from Ebay which had a better PF, backglass and plastics set.

I would be very interested to hear how you've gone with your resto on your Blue Chip so far and do you have any progress pics?

Rgds
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline pict

• Forum Posts:
  • Western Sydney
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 10:28:32 PM »
Gday Mark .. I'm the guy who sold you your Blue Chip via Ebay a couple of years ago.
Just wanted to clarify that the Blue Chip  you have has the playfield, plastic set and back glass that was from the game Tony owned some years ago but the cabinet is from a different machine.
I have the cabinet that was originally Tony's machine, (with the PF, plastics set and backglass from the 2nd machine ). 
About 6 months after I bought the game Tony used to own, I bought a second Blue Chip from Ebay which had a better PF, backglass and plastics set.

I would be very interested to hear how you've gone with your resto on your Blue Chip so far and do you have any progress pics?

Rgds
Dave

Gday Dave,

Its good to hear from you again. Yeah that is what I had gathered about the Blue Chip - you have helped fill in the gaps.

Let me begin by saying I use the word 'restoration' very loosely when I compare it to the top restoration I see in this forum. The restoration of Blue Chip gets interupted when we get the itch to play it. So you can say it is never really pulled apart too much for too long. We have replaced the chimes, made a replica of the mising plastic (many thanks for the image) - it looks great. And have restored part of the cabinet.

Recently we have restored a couple of arcade machines (including 720) and an old Foosball Table (30years?) which I also bought from Tony.

Now we are working on Hot Tip and I need to build a cabinet for my fav arcade game (Ikari Warriors) also I have my eye out looking for a new project pin (or 2) to work on.

My problem is that I get an attachment to these machines I work on and only have a finite space to store them. Something I need to resolve in due course.

Thanks Mark

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 12:44:29 AM »
Hi from Spurr $!&

Offline pict

• Forum Posts:
  • Western Sydney
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 07:37:10 PM »
 %)%
%)% pict

Nice little collection. Touchdown looks interesting. Don't ever recall seeing one of those.

The wait has been long (dang they only made 711 of them) but should have Touchdown in my collection tomorrow  #*# #*# #*#