Author Topic: Dutch Pinball - 1st Pinball - The Big Lebowski Pinball  (Read 19554 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I think DP will be fine, still have a strong talented design crew. Just like JJP and other company's they will find their groove and things will start to level out.

As for the computer stuff, I am not a computer tech head and probably have some of this wrong, heck I like using a mac  %.% (that normally divides people), but where there is a will there is a way and pretty sure regular game pins like the ones that run with proc using a small computer to bascially interface the program with the playfield mechs and lighting won't be a drama in many years to come. I think the pin 2000 is a little different because the game is unique as it needs the monitor graphics to be projected and interface with the game play otherwise it would be a crap player. It comes down to licence crap and how they couldn't be bothered looking after all those with a pinball - maybe PPB will fix this and the pins get a new run of energy.

Have to agree with pinsanity and oldskool - just sit back and enjoy the development - as long as these guys are around for a while then computer replacements will be available and sure they will discover better alternatives if they believe it is required and at least they are pushing the limits. I think a pin with any sort of lcd / video graphics will be impossible without a computer.

Some pins will break new ground and others will stick to old school tech and be limited because of it.

I have seen TBL yet but the pin theme looks cool and the quality outstanding - good on them.

"then computer replacements will be available"

This is the problem - they are NOT available. You cannot buy the PC system that P2K runs on because it is obsolete. Unobtainium. Nucore came along and REMOVED this problem with their open source software which runs on any computer - basically giving the platform a new lease of life with ANY hardware. In fact, there was talk of Wizard Blocks AND Playboy being developed on the Nucore platform. Then someone else came along and copied Nucore, then it all gets messy, and here we are - back at square one.

I agree that we should all look forward to the new developments - and if they MUST use PC based systems - by all means - ENJOY the games !

But IF these systems are developed in the same way as P2K - then expect exactly the same issues down the track.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia