Author Topic: Dutch Pinball - 1st Pinball - The Big Lebowski Pinball  (Read 19484 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
I won't bother commenting further - let what happens, happen.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
^^^
You weren't commenting you were just being you.
 People also whinge about surface mount tech in newer Sterns, I don't care, just play.things ain't gonna change as this is how we move forward by trial and error and either learning by mistakes or to keep making them.
Who am I to judge? Just a dumb surfy.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
^^^
 People also whinge about surface mount tech in newer Sterns, I don't care, just play.things ain't gonna change as this is how we move forward by trial and error and either learning by mistakes or to keep making them.

Good point - But - I can buy a replacement Stern CPU board for around $500. In 10 years, I should be able to buy the same board for $200. Maybe someone like Homepin or Rottendog, or Pascal might repro the same board and I can still restore the LOTR to a high standard with repro boards - maybe an "all in one".

Nucore TRIED to resurrect the software side of the platform. A great product, but too many people prevented this from saving so many games  !!!

Once the P2K Cyrix processor is obsolete. The P2K MPU board is obsolete. No one repros PRISM boards. No one repros 20 year old PC CPU boards. Try contacting ANY CPU board manufacturer to reproduce a 20 year old CPU board !

History has already provided enough evidence. SMD technology has been around a long time and it is not proprietary. P2K was the most impressive innovation of the last 30 years - but it was NEVER designed to last as long as ANY platform before it.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
^^^

Good point - But - I can buy a replacement Stern CPU board for around $500. In 10 years, I should be able to buy the same board for $200. Maybe someone like Homepin or Rottendog, or Pascal might repro the same board and I can still restore the LOTR to a high standard with repro boards - maybe an "all in one".

Nucore TRIED to resurrect the software side of the platform. A great product, but too many people prevented this from saving so many games  !!!

Once the P2K Cyrix processor is obsolete. The P2K MPU board is obsolete. No one repros PRISM boards. No one repros 20 year old PC CPU boards. Try contacting ANY CPU board manufacturer to reproduce a 20 year old CPU board !

History has already provided enough evidence. SMD technology has been around a long time and it is not proprietary. P2K was the most impressive innovation of the last 30 years - but it was NEVER designed to last as long as ANY platform before it.

some one might do what they do with old pc games, create an emulator to play the software rather than remaking an old pc

That is a big Plus side to Pc style brains.
Why would you recreate old tech hardware when you can create emulators via software cheaper?
I would be willing to bet thats what people in the future will be doing with those pc based pinballs when they die in the arse.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:26:33 AM by guyricho »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Cool new TBL video for those who have not seen it already.

http://papa.org/2014/12/12/big-lebowski-pinball-machine-by-dutch-pinball

#*#
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Seems the project has problems
seems like the Distributor has health issues and wants out
also seems that not all licensing issues have been sorted (no John Goodman likenesses)

they will probably still get this done, but it is another nail in the coffin of 'The Pre-order"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:00:24 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Here is the email I got from DP.

Dear VIPs,

Although we would rather be focussing fully on our extremely fun VIP party in NYC - we want to take a moment and address some of the confusion that may have been caused by the refunds on some of your orders.

Although Phil announced to leave the company, he officially still is one of the three share holders of Dutch Pinball USA Inc. and in charge of the Dutch Pinball USA Inc. PayPal and bank account. The company building the game is Dutch Pinball BV and owned by Jaap and Barry.

We did everything in our power to settle issues in a normal way with Phil, but unfortunately he decided to take matters in his own hands and is doing whatever he's doing for reasons we don't know. We really regret your involvement in this situation and we hope we can settle this as soon as possible so we can focus on fun things again.

Our goal is to make awesome games. This will not be changed or damaged by an individual who just wants to discredit our success and/or our project(s).
Phil started some PayPal USA Inc. refunds without us knowing. Please don't worry, your order is still there and you will not lose your place in line.

As soon as your money is refunded, please go to your status page and 'retry' the payment(s). If you pay again like this, the payments will be processed to a new PayPal account and you're all done and your order is secured. If for some reason you can't retry, or if it doesn't work, please let us know. We might need a couple of days to fix this since it's weekend and some of us are in New York.

If your money is not (yet) refunded, you can always dispute this on your PayPal account to force a refund

Nothing else will change and all terms and conditions will remain the same for delivering your game and future games.

We are Dutch Pinball and are still on track to create this and many more awesome games!

Thanks for being a VIP and we hope to meet you again soon.

If you have any further questions, or concerns, please contact us at sales@dutchpinball.com. It might take some time to process all emails.

Team Dutch Pinball
 Barry
 Freek
 Guus
 Jaap
 Jean-paul
 Jules
 Koen
 Roel
 Scott 

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
@CC
I hope that DP will still produce TBL, it looks like a great game
I hope that they can get approval for the likeness of John Goodman (not like he has stared in anything for the last 10 years)

but this will be a hit to the customers confidence, a lot of people will not give DP a second chance

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
@CC
I hope that DP will still produce TBL, it looks like a great game
I hope that they can get approval for the likeness of John Goodman (not like he has stared in anything for the last 10 years)

but this will be a hit to the customers confidence, a lot of people will not give DP a second chance

Very true.
Time will tell I guess, great looking game with heaps of potential but all this extra bs from the DP is not comforting.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
I to hope it works out the more pinball the better :) but it isn't looking good! Maybe no pre orders and keep everything quiet is the way to go.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
I to hope it works out the more pinball the better :) but it isn't looking good! Maybe no pre orders and keep everything quiet is the way to go.
I think these new start ups should get project #1 delivered before they announce project #3
#1 BoP 2.0
#2 TBL
#3 BTTF 2.0

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Maybe, but I see molehill being turned into mountains on Pinside everyday
The smallest hicup and people start thinking it is the end of civilizeation

Not just pinside it seems.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I think DP will be fine, still have a strong talented design crew. Just like JJP and other company's they will find their groove and things will start to level out.

As for the computer stuff, I am not a computer tech head and probably have some of this wrong, heck I like using a mac  %.% (that normally divides people), but where there is a will there is a way and pretty sure regular game pins like the ones that run with proc using a small computer to bascially interface the program with the playfield mechs and lighting won't be a drama in many years to come. I think the pin 2000 is a little different because the game is unique as it needs the monitor graphics to be projected and interface with the game play otherwise it would be a crap player. It comes down to licence crap and how they couldn't be bothered looking after all those with a pinball - maybe PPB will fix this and the pins get a new run of energy.

Have to agree with pinsanity and oldskool - just sit back and enjoy the development - as long as these guys are around for a while then computer replacements will be available and sure they will discover better alternatives if they believe it is required and at least they are pushing the limits. I think a pin with any sort of lcd / video graphics will be impossible without a computer.

Some pins will break new ground and others will stick to old school tech and be limited because of it.

I have seen TBL yet but the pin theme looks cool and the quality outstanding - good on them.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:28:46 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I think DP will be fine, still have a strong talented design crew. Just like JJP and other company's they will find their groove and things will start to level out.

As for the computer stuff, I am not a computer tech head and probably have some of this wrong, heck I like using a mac  %.% (that normally divides people), but where there is a will there is a way and pretty sure regular game pins like the ones that run with proc using a small computer to bascially interface the program with the playfield mechs and lighting won't be a drama in many years to come. I think the pin 2000 is a little different because the game is unique as it needs the monitor graphics to be projected and interface with the game play otherwise it would be a crap player. It comes down to licence crap and how they couldn't be bothered looking after all those with a pinball - maybe PPB will fix this and the pins get a new run of energy.

Have to agree with pinsanity and oldskool - just sit back and enjoy the development - as long as these guys are around for a while then computer replacements will be available and sure they will discover better alternatives if they believe it is required and at least they are pushing the limits. I think a pin with any sort of lcd / video graphics will be impossible without a computer.

Some pins will break new ground and others will stick to old school tech and be limited because of it.

I have seen TBL yet but the pin theme looks cool and the quality outstanding - good on them.

"then computer replacements will be available"

This is the problem - they are NOT available. You cannot buy the PC system that P2K runs on because it is obsolete. Unobtainium. Nucore came along and REMOVED this problem with their open source software which runs on any computer - basically giving the platform a new lease of life with ANY hardware. In fact, there was talk of Wizard Blocks AND Playboy being developed on the Nucore platform. Then someone else came along and copied Nucore, then it all gets messy, and here we are - back at square one.

I agree that we should all look forward to the new developments - and if they MUST use PC based systems - by all means - ENJOY the games !

But IF these systems are developed in the same way as P2K - then expect exactly the same issues down the track.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

"then computer replacements will be available"

This is the problem - they are NOT available. You cannot buy the PC system that P2K runs on because it is obsolete. Unobtainium. Nucore came along and REMOVED this problem with their open source software which runs on any computer - basically giving the platform a new lease of life with ANY hardware. In fact, there was talk of Wizard Blocks AND Playboy being developed on the Nucore platform. Then someone else came along and copied Nucore, then it all gets messy, and here we are - back at square one.

I agree that we should all look forward to the new developments - and if they MUST use PC based systems - by all means - ENJOY the games !

But IF these systems are developed in the same way as P2K - then expect exactly the same issues down the track.

I agree with you Nino and was my point that pin 2000 is unique but hopefully other companies have taken that on board and using a more generic computer based system so games can be run for a long time and just a matter of loading a program on to it and away they go. But until we know exactly what companies are using we should try to hold back a negative opinion without knowing all the details.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts