Author Topic: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 12:16:35 AM »
Dave ( Siverball dave)

When we spoke, i said bring in those projects mate - believe me.. they WILL sell... especially considering the titles you have listed

It just depends how much they need to sell them for to make it worthwhile. Obviously $200 or $300 isn't going to be enough, but is $500 or $600 going to be? Or are people prepared to pay $800 - $1000 (or more) for a project pin?

There are so many permutations and combination in deriving a price for a project pinball..

I always look at the game and if the playfield and backglass are in good shape - then it has potential.
Does it have boards and displays
Is it missing "hard to find" parts - like an apron or a specific board like the "strobe" on a Flash Gordon ?
If the game is on my "wants list" then I'll most likely buy it regardless.
Are there repro plastics, playfields, backglasses available (GTB games have so many NOS parts in this area)

Personally - I like to look at whether the game in question will challenge me.. Hopefully, I will learn something from the restoration..At the end of the day - I have enjoyed the restoration, and the game is now in a gamesroom being enjoyed by the new owner, rather than sitting in storage for the next 20 years waiting for a natural disaster to put it out of its misery...

To answer the question - I have paid that amount of $1000 for a project pinball in the past, and if the game is suitable, I will pay it again.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia