Author Topic: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs  (Read 2100 times)

Offline silverball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 12:18:50 AM »
I am interested to hear peoples thoughts on the demand vs import quantities for Pinball machines of various ages.  From where I sit I see container loads of Pinballs being bought into the country by Companies such as Child Amusements, Silverball, Mr Pinball, The Pinball Shed, Bumper Action etc.

However, the majority of these containers seem to be 1990s era pins.  There seems to be little coming in from the 'Golden Era' 60s, 70s and 80s!

Now I would have thought that the demographic typical pinball player is in his 30s to 50s and that there would be a lot of demand for these older pins?  Simple economics tells me Supply Vs Demand that there would be less older pins currently available?

Anyway please post your thoughts here as I am interested to read your opinions.  Maybe if there is enough intrest in this thread the Commercial Guys will give it some further thought?  Seems that on Ebay US these old pins go for a steal, so come on guys pick some up and bring em to Aus for fanatics like me. #*#

I'm not a sponsor of this site, so admins feel free to delete any part or entire post as you wish.

We have over 60 project pins that we own and are in storage overseas. Greg makes a very good point about what people want versus what people want to pay. Titles include 2 x Devils Dare, 4 centaurs, 2 pink panthers, viking, 8 ball deluxe,black hole,medusa,xenon, and many more. We are still debating if it is worth bringing these machines in as a whole or in parts. When you add up the time, effort,cost of pin and cost to ship here, is really worth the hassle.
We have access to a stash of working classic pins, ballys, williams, gottliebs that are fully working and we are deciding if this should be the way to go.
Most people want  project pins, in working condition,with no missing parts and dont wont to pay more than a couple hundred dollars.

Oh David,

PLEASE tell me you have access to some 50s and 60s projects!

As mentioned in previous posts pins from this era don't really exists anymore as they have been snapped up. The only guy bringing them in from the US is Michael Shalhoub who has the contacts there. He doesn't come cheap - that doesn't reall bother me when I can drive to his place in 30 minutes and load my dual cab up with 3 or 4 games from this era.

Also the guys after these games are the older and seem to be cashed up - one of the joys of being a bit older - so John if you have access to these old girls bring 'em in - I will help you sell them. I just helped Mike sell about 20 games from this vintage.

Oh man I really need a classic pinball fix

Europe is the final frontier - have always wondered why somebody hasn't hit Italy as it had the highest pin shipment during the 60s outside the USA?
Italy's pins are mostly trashed, they were never looked after the same way as they were in other parts of Europe. We have viewed several lots and were very disappointed.