Author Topic: Is there anything KISS wont do to make money?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Is there anything KISS wont do to make money?
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 09:50:40 PM »
Sounds like a great collection. Did you get the signatures yourself?

Yes. I've met the band on several occasions as I was a well known collector and fan. I knew a lot of people in the industry at that time. I "interviewed" them for MMM on the "KISS My Ass" tour. I was also featured in a large Herald Sun interview about "KISS fans" and there was a picture of Gene, Paul and myself. I took lots of items in to sign and I took in friend's items as well. I mainly took in my rare stuff, album covers, tour T-shirts and tour programmes. Even a hat ! They were always approachable and happy to talk. I asked Paul to sign my Friends Ibanez Iceman Paul Stanley Signature (only worth $2000-$3000). After the interview I did with them, we sat far about an hour talking about all sorts of things. I kept in touch with them until the reunion, when they had too many "minders" - but I was invited to go to Perth to do a "meet and greet", but it didn't end up happening.

Funny story happened in Sydney when I bumped into Gene and Andre (bodyguard) - at McDonalds of all places - Gene asked my how the previous shows in Adelaide and Melbourne were. I told him they were good, but I didn't like the fact they dropped "parasite" from the set in Adelaide. They played it that night in Sydney. Little things - but it was cool that they didn't drop the song off the tour.

Wow that sounds like you had an awesome experience meeting them. Good to,hear how approachable and down to earth they were. Plenty of lesser rock stars than them certainly let the fame go to their heads and become absolute tossers once they have a little success. Others though are surprisingly "normal" if you are lucky enough to meet them.

I remember when I met Axl, the guy was surprisingly friendly, funny and obliging.  He had a photo with my mate and I, signed some things and was very chatty. Completely the opposite of what you would expect given his notorious history.