Author Topic: Williams Hot Tip (EM)  (Read 4061 times)

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Re: Williams Hot Tip (EM)
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2014, 07:03:57 PM »
Just checked the score motor. Had the lights off and the first switch on the left has a major blue/green spark before it stops. There is also a spark on the switch second from the right. I used a business card to wipe through the switch contacts, but nothing changed when I started another game. Am still yet to check the score wheel switches are open when at 0.

I manually pushed the plunger in and out of the outhole solenoid with the game turned off and it moved freely. Gave the wires another tug and still on there tight.

I'm a bit apprehensive to do too much on my own (especially because it's not my machine) with the switches as I've read the horror stories from EM n00bs where it works worse than when they started. Dan (Riverina Pinball) has offered to come over and work on it with me one afternoon in the next few weeks.

This is starting to get frustrating. Why couldn't it be a 90s DMD??? haha

So far: reset all stepper units to zero. The credit unit now works when I press one of the coin switches and the credit wheel increments. I can press the start button and it goes to ball one. Ball does not kick out. There was a time when I could press the start button and I could play a game by kicking the ball out manually by hand, but at the moment, the flipper buttons work rarely and when I do hit the buttons, sometimes they drop out instantly. I think this could also be part of the problem.

Cheers!
Adam.

Remember besides tugging & cleaning the contacts,make sure they are opening & closing when they should, especially around the score motor switches -very easily bent out of adjustment when checking other stuff in the cab & under the cab.
Keep at it, you will get there & be surprised & excited when you solve it  $#$
pinballaustralia.com